Pen Drive = Rs.1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetcall

Indian by heart
I wonder why no one suggests for an external HDD. one of my friend bought an 80GB HDD with case in about 2500 if i remember correct. I too bought a transcend 2GB PenDrive about 3 months back but now I am planning to go for an external HDD as there is no comparison. Also the external HDD can act as a shared HDD between 2 computers using USB. KOOOOOL !!!

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
ya u just knew tat know? but a pen drive is more portable it dpnds on ur use i tooo wud prefer a removable hdd

Ash HFZ

Techno Enthusiast
Also the external HDD can act as a shared HDD between 2 computers using USB.

A hard drive has only one connecting interface and hence can only be connected to one system at a time.... And sharing is only possible through a network and not directly.... Or are you actually meaning you can swap the hard drive between two systems very easily ?

planetcall

Indian by heart
^^ Recently I saw one of my friend using an external HDD which had 2 USB interfaces. I asked for the details and he demonstrated how it can be used as a shared disk between two computers. Its pretty helpful in synchronizing your laptop and PC.

Ash HFZ

Techno Enthusiast
Oh then it must be a special type of HDD with such an interface.... Wow cool.... Any idea how much the cost of such a hard disk is ?

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
What a IT market is ? During July 2007 I bought a Apacer 1 GB pen drive here at Tinsukia For Rs. 650/-. Now u all are purchaseing 2 GB for just Rs 750/- to 800/-.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@planetcall-r u sure u can share the same harddisk between two pc's.AFAIK the one usb connector is for data & the other for powering the drive.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ i think he din say about 2 connectors. he said about 2 interfaces. me too.. i'm yet to see something like that! there should surely be a master-slave feature or something similar. otherwise it lead to utter chaos when doing some file operation simultaneously.

planetcall

Indian by heart
USB connectors do communication and power supply together. I havent heard of any device which has two USB connectors being separately for data and power.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
planetcall said:
USB connectors do communication and power supply together. I havent heard of any device which has two USB connectors being separately for data and power.

U are right.But some external hard disk have two Usb for power to spin the drive.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
planetcall said:
yes there is, the external casing i bought for the laptop hdd has 2 connectors. the second one is for extra power if needed. but i hafnt felt the need to connect it.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
here is what i'm talking about:

the auxiliary connector is for extra power which i hafnt used till now.

*img120.imageshack.us/img120/1323/dsc00117ly1.th.jpg

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^mine friend has a seagate external hdd just like the above one.I also didn't connected the second connector,still it worked.so if we connect d 2 connector will the hdd become fast?

planetcall

Indian by heart
did you try to connect two systems together with those two different USB connectors ? Just to give a try !

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i've never tried connecting my portable hdd to two diff pcs. but my portable hdd stays permanently connected to my pc. both theusb ends stay slotted in the usb ports... generally with just one, it gives trouble, doesn't get detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom