Pen Drive = Rs.1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I want to buy a pen drive.I have decided to buy a 2 GB one.
So which brand should I go for?
I have a budget of Rs.1.2K~1.5K.

Pathik

Google Bot
get a transcend v30 2gb.. 800rs.. If u can increase ur budget a bit then get a 4gb 4 1500..

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
pathiks said:
get a transcend v30 2gb.. 800rs.. If u can increase ur budget a bit then get a 4gb 4 1500..

I have heard that the transcend v30 series are slow.
Can you suggest some other.

satyamy

Alive Again...
Cool G5 said:
I want to buy a pen drive.I have decided to buy a 2 GB one.
So which brand should I go for?
I have a budget of Rs.1.2K~1.5K.
1500 ohh
go for 4GB Transcend Pen Drive for Rs. 1500 :D

faraaz

Evil Genius
I got a Kingston 2 GB DATATRAVELER pen drive for 850 rs in Bangalore...and its BLAZING fast...atleast compared to my older USB 1.1 drive...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Cool G5 said:
I have heard that the transcend v30 series are slow.
Can you suggest some other.
slow?? very slow.. damn slow.. speed sucks!! i own one.. and by experience i advise you not to buy the v30 series!!! instead get the kingston data traveller or the sandisk cruzer series.. they are faster than the v30 series....

xbonez

NP : Crysis
faraaz said:
I got a Kingston 2 GB DATATRAVELER pen drive for 850 rs in Bangalore...and its BLAZING fast...atleast compared to my older USB 1.1 drive...

compared to USB 1.1, any USB 2 drive will be blazing fast

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Cool G5 said:
Also which is better a U3 pen drive or a regular one?

Posted from Nokia 3230.
if u3 drives are costlier than regular ones then don't buy them. however, if they retail for the same amount then no harm in buying them.

head to this site: www.portableapps.com. this will make any portable drive more useful than a u3 drive.

xbonez

i got a sandisk U3 micro cruzer. the U3 feature is quite cool. u can carry around softwares, games and stuff. i even carry around avast anti-virus which is gud to scan infected comps since the anti-virus on infected comps often gets modified. however, softwares eat into ur pen drive space so u should take a high capacity drive if u plan to carry lots of sw

slugger

Banned
u cud buy iball flash drive.

i had bought one of those 2GB drives 9 months back 4 around d price u just mentioned, now to u will get a much larger capacity 4 d same price

as 4 its flimsy built, if u take precaution it will serve u well

and it is pretty fast 2

xbonez

yup, i too have a iball 1gb pen drive and i haven't faced any trouble with it till date. been usuing it for about 6 months now

Mojo

Banned
Forget transcend, kingston and sandisk, get a buffalo instead.

*www.sumedh.info/articles/buffalo-pen-drive-review.html

Ash HFZ

Techno Enthusiast
Hmm by the v30 not being fast what is actually meant is not that it is USB 1.1 (yes v30 is USB 2.0) but just that the write speed into the drive is only 25% of the same compared to the hi-speed ones from transcend.... The read speed is around 80 - 90 % of the hi-speed ones from transcend.... Believe me, the hi-speed Transcend pen drives are pretty good but I own only a 1 GB drive :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom