Pen drive linux rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I know this is the wrong forum, but... its so terribly useful!
I have been playing around with pen drive OSes, and its amazing to see how far they have come. These days having a full OS on your pen drive is easy My current favourite is slax.

Features of this OS -

1. SMALL - Currently its occupying only 200mb on my pen drive! :) , and it already includes an office suite
2. Installing applications is as simple as downloading a file (modules) .
3. All my hardware worked out of the box, display, wireless mouse, sound everything
4. EASY - You need zero linux experience to install and use this.
Step by step instructions - Install slax from windows

5. Persistent - all settings are saved automatically . So any chagnes you make to the system are rememberd

*www.slax.org/

Last edited:
Wrong section. Moving to OpenSource.

Dude, OSS section is deserted these days. Throw some light there by posting there.

Anyway, ontopic:

How is Slax compared to Puppy ? And do you use slax with KDE 3.5.9 ? How is it with something non-kde and light weight like Xfce 4.6 or LXDE ?

Wrong section. Moving to OpenSource.

Dude, OSS section is deserted these days. Throw some light there by posting there.

Anyway, ontopic:

How is Slax compared to Puppy ? And do you use slax with KDE 3.5.9 ? How is it with something non-kde and light weight like Xfce 4.6 or LXDE ?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Im more than happy with my NimbleX install but I think it exceeds 200 MB. In fact it might go to 500 MB . It comes with KDE 3.5 if Im correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom