pen drive-help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradhansushil

Right off the assembly line
I seem to have developed some problem in my computer. It reads pen drives when connected to the USB port, but cannot autoplay, open or explore them. I can send files to it, but cannot see them. If I need to access a file, i have to 'search' for it, and then open it from the search results. But only read, no copying. I need to carry work from home to office and vive versa, so its really a big problem. Please help. It happens with all brands of pen drive. I am working with Windows XP.

toofan

Technomancer
No1 update your antivirus then make a system scan at boot time. then scan and formate the pen drive.

Solved.!!!!!??

By the way the auto play function should be disabled because it gives you time to scan the usb drive each time you connect it to your system.Its safe this way.

OP
P

pradhansushil

Right off the assembly line
Thanks a lot folks. Did all that. I have avast at home and kaspersky at work on the LAN. Formatted three times over. Still doesn't work !!
Help still needed.

toofan

Technomancer
Either your pen drive gone nuts or your system is still infected with Virus. I too use avast. Use the boot time scanning option.

If its a virus problem check my the post no 8 in the following link.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96043

paroh

Padawan
May be ur pen drive is infected with some virus. Scan ur pen drive with some good antivirus. and install USB disk security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom