PCIE x1 graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

raghu.nadi

Broken In
My friend has a system with the following configuration

• Intel P4 2.6GHz
  • Intel D915GLVG Motherboard (One PCI E x1 slot)
  • 512 Mb Ram
He recently bought a 22" Samsung Syncmaster LCD monitor. He now wants to buy a new graphics card to improve video performance (HD Movies). Budget is 5K. Please suggest me some good graphics cards in this price range that run on PCI E x1 slot. Also, is it better to upgrade to a 3K DDR2 motherboard with onboard graphics + 2GB Ram instead of getting a new graphics card ?

OP
R

raghu.nadi

Broken In
He also has 2 PCI slots. So even a PCI card would do. ( I know they are rare, inefficient and expensive). So suggest me if it is better to buy a PCI graphics card for around 5K or better to upgrade with

• XFX 630i motherboard
  • 2 GB DDR2 800 MHz Ram
He plays less GPU intensive games like CS and NFSMW and would like to watch HD Movies on his 22" LCD.

ECE0105

In the zone
For Watching full HD Movies, he would need atleast a 9600GT or HD4850.
So, going for a full upgrade is the best possible method.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
He also has 2 PCI slots. So even a PCI card would do. ( I know they are rare, inefficient and expensive). So suggest me if it is better to buy a PCI graphics card for around 5K or better to upgrade with

• XFX 630i motherboard
  • 2 GB DDR2 800 MHz Ram
He plays less GPU intensive games like CS and NFSMW and would like to watch HD Movies on his 22" LCD.
XFX 630i - 3.2k
2GB DDR2 800MHz - 1800
Thats good enough for the watching movies and it has a HDMI port and dont expect the onboard NVIDIA 7150 to play BioShock or any new game at med~high settings.....
It may run NFSMW and CS well at med settings....

Last edited:

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
AFAIK there r now PCI-E X1 graphic cards coz the bandwidth is just too less for a graphic card ... go for a new mobo!

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
yes...the new mobo shud b the way to go.....
mayb u cud upgrade ur proccy too?
have a look at the cheaper c2d e4500,or even the e7200.
but imo,wait a few months if u want to upgrade ur proccy....things are changing real fast and intel's new proccys and pricecuts havent reached indian shores yet ! :(

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
For Watching full HD Movies, he would need atleast a 9600GT or HD4850.
So, going for a full upgrade is the best possible method.

Watching movies?

I suggest 9400GT for that experience. No need waste cash for watching movies unless u r into gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom