Pc won't start-just blink

manab_bikash

Neophyte
I am Wrkng in Guwahati as a graphics designer, my office pc wouldn't start and after unplugging and plugging the power cable few time after 1 or 2 hrs it will start up.I think its a branded assembled pc of Raven cost 1.5 lakh...
If I press the power switch it will just blink bt won't start...then i will unplug it & do the same & it won't start....
I am guessing what it problem might be coz i changed the power cable, checked the internal wires, changed the ram sloths. Nothing worked..:-x::-(
PLZ GIVE SOME SUGGESTIONS...

Piyush

Lanaya
does it happens that when you press the power button , the fans,LEDs star for seconds and then all of it stops
and sometimes nothing happens(not even LED/fans start)

btw check your PSU with some other system

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I have also faced the same problem few month ago.To resolved the problem i clean the ram slot and ram the golden edges with soft cloth.And reset the bios jumper.Afterthat the problem gone.Hope that you will solve ur problem soon.Best of luck.

OP
M

manab_bikash

Neophyte
Actually, the technician came to know where or what caused the problm.
The PSU have 2 outlets to the Processor...if the 2 were connected 2gethr..the PC won't start..but when it is tested Singly...it starts..
So, they & I both thought that its the PSU that's unable to supply the power....
Bt I also think MBrd is having trouble collecting the power..
& Sorry They took the PSU with them 2 check...

OP
M

manab_bikash

Neophyte
Sorry I can't ans 2 that coz when i came 2 office 2day the whole system was gone...
Maybe the PSU is okay the Board is having the problem....

Parkerbwee

Right off the assembly line
Also had the same problem so i eventually gave up and took it to the shop, turned out i had an extra brass stand off in my motherboard and it was causing it to cut off. worth a look?

Top Bottom