pc upgrading..

tharun313

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:i want to play games like l.a.noire,gta 4,nfs run,skyrim,MW3 and some auto cad work.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:max. Rs. 20000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:win 7.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:i have.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:no...i want 19" or 20" depending on gpu.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:i want to buy only cpu,gpu,psu and monitor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:by this weekend.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:i haven't.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:i live in hyderabad.yes, iam buying in local shop.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:i should be playing games smoothly...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
AMD A8 3850 @ 7.5k
Gigabyte GA-A55M-S2V @ 3.5k
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB @ 1.65k
FSP Saga II 400W @ 2.2k
Zebronics Bijli or some local cabby (without PSU) @ 1.2k
Dell IN2030M @ 5.85k

TOTAL: ~22k

To lower total cost:
1. go for lower speed ram @ 1.2k
2. go for A6 @ 1k less.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
bro he only needs cpu, gpu, psu and monitor.
-amd phenom II 955 or 965 @ 6500
-corsair cx 500V2 @ 3000
-amd radeon HD 6770 @ 6500
-any monitor at around 5000(i don't have much knowledge about monitor so wait for others reply)
i can't assure you that you will be able to play games smoothly for two years with this gfx card but this is the best you can get within your budget.

OP
T

tharun313

Right off the assembly line
how about athlon ii x4...it is much less than phenom...so that i can buy a better gpu..
do i need to buy 500W or corsair 430W would be enough if i go with 430W?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Athlon II X4 is discontinued. Phenom II X4 models too are slowly disappearing from market. or you can check for Phenom II X4 840 (Athlon II labelled as Phenom II).

for PSU, depends. which GPU you are having? if you plan to get something like HD6870 or GTX560, CX430 V2 will be enough. anything higher, invest in the 500W version.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Just get the following processor:-
AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma (3.3 GHz, 2 MB L2, 6 MB L3, AMD Turbo Core, unlockable to Phenom II X6) @ 6.8K

Rest are same as Sukesh has suggested.

Top Bottom