pc upgrade

satdeep

Broken In
i have a budget of Rs 13000/-
i want to upgrade my desktop...
i am planning to buy a new motherboard and processor, a 320 gb hdd, 2gb ram, a wireless mouse keyboard combo(not necessary), a graphics card(jst to run win7, dont wanna play ne games or run graphic intensive applications)

the amount of ram can be varied considering the fact that i want to run win7 and the most extensive application will be office 2010.
the budget is fixed and im open to AMD processors as well.
Kindly suggezt the bst config..
thnx a lot

doomgiver

Warframe
get a 1 tb drive, seagate, 7200.12 @ 2.7k. or atleast a 500 gb one. 320 gb is not worth it.
graphics card : hd 4650 @ 2.5-3k
2 gb corsair value @ 2k

ok satdeep, here you go....based on what you posted originally...

AMD Athlon II X3 440 @3200
Asus M4A78LT-M LE @2600
G.Skill F3-10666CL9S-2GBNQ @1100
Seagate 500GB 7200.12/ WDC 500GB Blue @1700
Basic Optical Mouse @100
Logitech KB-200 @400

Total -->9100

The motherboard has onboard HD 3000 graphics. This will play 1080p movies with ease. And Win7 will run totally fine on it. :)

Are you gonna run Win7 x64?? Then i suggest another 2GB of RAM.
That'll take the total to 10200.

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
yup, and you are gonna need a gpu sooner or later. he wont be able to effectively run all the win7 effects on an igp. and most ppl go with win7 coz of grafix.(notice i didnt say buy, coz its a bad word. we indians never use buy and windows in the same sentence. OH SHI....)

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

The motherboard has onboard HD 3000 graphics. This will play 1080p movies with ease. And Win7 will run totally fine on it. :)
sweet, didnt know hd3xxx was on mobos

OP
S

satdeep

Broken In
@gaurav

hey thnx for the gr8 build...bt considering that i still have 4k left in my budget...cant i better the processor or add a gpu or smthing else...point is i want to completely spend the 13k or my dad will not allow me to upgrade l8er on...

@gaurav

hey thnx for the gr8 build...bt considering that i still have 4k left in my budget...cant i better the processor or add a gpu or smthing else...point is i want to completely spend the 13k or my dad will not allow me to upgrade l8er on...

welcome. :)

you will game later on in future?
then gpu is needed. but there is also the question of what psu you have now.
you'll prolly need gpu+psu upgrade which will overshoot your budget by 2-3k.

if you're not gonna game but still need spending, then you can get quad-core AMD (absolutely not needed) within total 13k.

OP
S

satdeep

Broken In
@gaurav
no i wont game but yeah a gpu is welcome...i jst have a standard psu that cmes along with the cabinet

or maybe i can leave the gpu and buy a new good looking cabinet...

what do u suggest in both cases...
which option is better??

@gaurav
no i wont game but yeah a gpu is welcome...i jst have a standard psu that cmes along with the cabinet

or maybe i can leave the gpu and buy a new good looking cabinet...

what do u suggest in both cases...
which option is better??

forget cabinet.

and throw away the psu. it will blow your system up when you'll introduce gpu.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

No.., it will not, i think.

it will.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

OP
S

satdeep

Broken In
@gaurav
then which gpu+psu combu do u suggest??
make sure it is easily available...cause i live in chandigarh and many parts r nt available here...

@gaurav
then which gpu+psu combu do u suggest??
make sure it is easily available...cause i live in chandigarh and many parts r nt available here...

there are guys from Chandigarh in this forum...try and contact them and ask regarding availability.

Palit Geforce GT 430 @3.6k
FSP SAGA II 350W @1.5k

if you wanna go even cheaper then get Asus Radeon HD 4350 @2.7k. However, the GT 430 is far better.

@gaurav
so according to u what should be my final purchase??

AMD Athlon II X3 440 @3200
Asus M4A78LT-M LE @2600
G.Skill F3-10666CL9S-2GBNQ @1100
Seagate 500GB 7200.12/ WDC 500GB Blue @1700
Basic Optical Mouse @100
Logitech KB-200 @400

Total -->9100

And if you want...
Palit Geforce GT 430 @3600
FSP SAGA II 350W @1500

Top Bottom