PC upgrade... help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin has a compaq presario S4020IL with on board graphics and out dated mobo. He wants to change the cpu and keep the monitor and speakers to cut cost. The need for up grade is gaming. Can any body suggest a upgrade with in 12 k.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
the deconstructionist said:
My cousin has a compaq presario S4020IL with on board graphics and out dated mobo. He wants to change the cpu and keep the monitor and speakers to cut cost. The need for up grade is gaming. Can any body suggest a upgrade with in 12 k.

which processor is he using?How much memory does he have?Is it DDR or SD?

OP
the deconstructionist
The processor is AMD atholon XP 2000 (1.67 Ghz ) the ram is single bar 256 MB DDR . The mobo is outdated and does not have PCI-e slot.Can he just change the mobo and add a good video card. Thanks in advance.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
the deconstructionist said:
The processor is AMD atholon XP 2000 (1.67 Ghz ) the ram is single bar 256 MB DDR . The mobo is outdated and does not have PCI-e slot.Can he just change the mobo and add a good video card. Thanks in advance.

Well does the mobo have a AGP slot well AGP is enougt for a mid range graphics card....u can get a 6600 GT AGP......Get 2 X 512 MB TwinMos/Kingston/Transcend sticks and a 6600/6600 GT and is u can get a higher CPUAthlon Xp 3200+.....I don't think there is any mobo with a PCIe slot for socket 'A'

6600 GT 128 MB..................Rs.7500
1 GB ram...........................Rs.4000
---------------------------
Total................................Rs.11500

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom