PC Upgrade (40-45k)

glenvarun

Broken In
Hey all,

Four years ago, I had come here looking for advice for a new rig, that time has come again.

Current Rig Specs:
Code:
CPU: i7 2600 (got the i5 exchanged to this for free)
Motherboard: Asus p8z77 v pro (conked)
RAM: 1x 4gb Corsair Memory
GPU: Asus gtx 560ti direct CU II
HDD: 2x 1tb HDD
1 x 120gb SSD
PSU: Corsair GS600 PSU
Cabinet: NZXT Guardian 921RB
Mouse: Razer Deathadder
Speaker: Swans m50
Display: Benq g2222HDL

Previous Thread: *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-configurations/145524-gaming-pc-40-45k-4.html

While the previous rig worked wonderfully, the motherboard has conked off.

Now the issue is that, One ram stick has died due to which I had ordered new a 2x8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram kit.
And 3-4days later the motherboard conked. The ram has been delivered but I maybe able to get it exchanged although that would need to be done asap.
Also I cannot find a motherboard to support my existing config & my graphic is kinda lagging behind as well so have decided to upgrade the system, while trying to utilize as many parts from the existing system.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming ( all latest games )

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40-50k, trying to keep it as low as possible.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: win 7 or win8(may upgrade)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have 2x1tb HDD & 1 x 120GB SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Already have a 22inch 1080p monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD, SSD, Mouse, Keyboard, Speakers, Monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1-3weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Local(Mumbai- Lamington)/Online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Prefer an Intel CPU, however im not sure whether to go for Haswell or Skylake

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 45k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i5 444013,000
MotherboardGigabyte B85M-D3H-A5,500
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz3,300
Graphics CardAsus Strix GTX 960 2GB DDR5 OC15,000
Power SupplyAntec VP500PC3,300
CabinetCorsair SPEC-03
Total44,600

OP
G

glenvarun

Broken In
Budget - 45k (Modified)

CabinetCorsair SPEC-03
Total44,600

Can I use the GS600 in my older config for this config?
Also I assume the Kingston is a ddr3 memory. I already have a 16gb kit incase I go with a motherboard with ddr3 slots.
Can any other components be upgraded for the freed up cash?

Hrishi

Budget - 45k (Modified)

CabinetCorsair SPEC-03
Total44,600
OP , this config is good however it's not a major upgrade.
If you are looking for something substantial then I would recommend going for a GTX970 instead of 960.
It will certainly cost you almost 10000 more than gtx960 but at the same time it will keep you 60fps constant for almost all aaa titles. Even the upcoming ones.
Since you aren't going to OC at all so i5-4440 or any other haswell i5 non K series with a h87 motherboard would suffice.
It should also be fair enough not to create any bottleneck for gtx970.

OP
G

glenvarun

Broken In
OP , this config is good however it's not a major upgrade.
If you are looking for something substantial then I would recommend going for a GTX970 instead of 960.
It will certainly cost you almost 10000 more than gtx960 but at the same time it will keep you 60fps constant for almost all aaa titles. Even the upcoming ones.
Since you aren't going to OC at all so i5-4440 or any other haswell i5 non K series with a h87 motherboard would suffice.
It should also be fair enough not to create any bottleneck for gtx970.

I was considering the 970 myself.
Also i would like to futureproof the rig as much as possible. Wouldnt taking a Haswell processor+mobo combo be a better option in that case?

Also, is there a major difference between the Spec 01/02/03 cases?

Knockout

Broken In
Then get i5 6600,the difference between spec series are like different colored fans and grills I think .get which ever you like,for 1080p gtx 970 is a bit overkill imo
Thank you

DK_WD

WD Official
I was considering the 970 myself.
Also i would like to futureproof the rig as much as possible. Wouldnt taking a Haswell processor+mobo combo be a better option in that case?

Also, is there a major difference between the Spec 01/02/03 cases?

Hi [MENTION=116048]glenvarun[/MENTION],

In my thought, the future proof rig has the latest CPU and the new MOBO with the latest technology. For most future proofing rig use the overclocking CPU to gain the upper limit velocity as per game or usage demands.

In short, for future proofing, your main focus on the CPU and MOBO.

Just a suggestion, based on your budget; the normal CPU like Intel i5 k series and MOBO with Z97 chipset overclocked will fulfill your requirements.

Hope it helps.

OP
G

glenvarun

Broken In
Guys, i managed to get the mobo repaired, gonna delay this for another year now & probably save more cash for better components :D
Thanks to all for the help. :)

Top Bottom