PC turning off suddenly when doing this

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Ok, my Pc is turning off when I convert a video of sizes some gigs. Or when I cut some videos. Software used for converting is Total Video Converter full version.
The CPU usage becomes 100% in both cores and about in some seconds pc will turn off.
I scanned for any viruses, but not a single virus was detected by Avira Anti-virus personal, licensed version.
Pc config:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ @ 2.1Ghz
Msi-K9mmv
2GB Zion ddr2 800Mhz
Zebronics 300 watts
Intex 15" widescreen
Logitech m+kb
No video card!!!!

Please tell me the problem.
IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE POWER SUPPLY?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Two possibilities....
1.CPU overheatiing,
2.PSU insufficient...

Check temps while doing video conversion...

doomgiver

Warframe
i think the culprit may be psu. 300W zebronics.

does the computer hang, or just turn off? does it give an error? does it happen everytime?
does it happen in regular usage?

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
i think the culprit may be psu. 300W zebronics.

does the computer hang, or just turn off? does it give an error? does it happen everytime?
does it happen in regular usage?

It doesn't hang and does not shows a error after this turning off.
Yeas it happens every time I convert a video, and when I make a video with pictures using Picasa 3

papa

In search of Peace...
IMHO.......
1.might be cpu temp.At 100% load the cpu heats up really fast.Check cpu temp.
2.might be due to faulty ram.If you have spare ram,can try with that.

newway01

Journeyman
How many active HDD's and optical drives you have? Try detaching all optical drives and extra hard disks to check if the PSU is a culprit. Run system with only your OS HDD and try converting the video. Since you don't have any graphics card, and with a less power hungry processor, your PSU may be sufficient to run with barebone setup.

Download and install speedfan app and keep an eye on processor temp. Is your system well ventilated?

Also whats your Windows swap file size? Does you Windows drive got enough space to hold any temporary files generated during conversion?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Ram problem according to me.
Refit them. Even I had this 2 years back.
Otherwise Psu or overheating is the culprit.

I bet you turn off the pc by directly switching off the power

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
How many active HDD's and optical drives you have? Try detaching all optical drives and extra hard disks to check if the PSU is a culprit. Run system with only your OS HDD and try converting the video. Since you don't have any graphics card, and with a less power hungry processor, your PSU may be sufficient to run with barebone setup.

Download and install speedfan app and keep an eye on processor temp. Is your system well ventilated?

Also whats your Windows swap file size? Does you Windows drive got enough space to hold any temporary files generated during conversion?

I have only one HDD internal i.e WD 160GB and Lg dvd writer.
I'll download speed fan and try convertting.
Thanks

Piyush

Lanaya
only 2 possibilities
-->PSU not sufficient
-->CPU too hot to continue

this is the same problem that another member on tdf had a couple of moths ago(forgot the name)
he had Iball 450W PSU and was doing video editing
and when he changed his PSU, the problem resolved

Top Bottom