PC-to-TV solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

angadsingh007

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys, please help me. I'm looking for a good solution to get the comp display on my TV since 2 weeks now and still very little luck on finding a cheap and good solution (less than 1k)..

I did a lot of research on the net.. so i'll give u my inputs first..

Check out this link..
*ruel.net/pc/tv.tuner.converter.htm

1. First option is to get a PC-TO-TV CABLE which connects directly to the VGA port on 1 side and to the composite video port or s-video port of the TV on the other side. It has overscan and underscan features. Also has a USB connection to get power from the PC.

GrandTec PC-to-USB Cable
*ruel.net/pc/grandtec-pc-to-tv-usb.jpg
(couldn't find this one anywhere.. not even the net)

AverMedia QuickPlay PC To TV Converter - $74.99
*images.tigerdirect.com/SKUimages/medium/A46-4034-main.jpg
(pricey, its avermedia)

VIDEO CARD TO S VIDEO AND TV ADAPTER CABLE by Ziotek - $5.99
(this one's only for $5.99.. it has got no convertor in the cable... weird.. dont know if it'll work.. or is a fake)

DAYTON SVC2 RCA JACK TO S-VIDEO PLUG CONVERTER by Dayton Loudspeaker - $5.30
(this is a S-Video or Composite video/RCA cable.. if u have a card with s-video out)

E-Book PC TO VIDEO CABLE ( GEZ-1000 ) by GRANDTEC - $34.95
(maybe this is what i'm looking for in the market)

2. Option no. 2 is to get a PC-TO-TV CONVERTER box. These are pricey but are said to give better quality and higher resolution.

There are lot of products in this type.. check them out..

*images.tigerdirect.com/SKUimages/medium/G126-1010b.jpg
Grandtec Ultimate Wireless PC to TV System - $149.99

*images.tigerdirect.com/SKUimages/medium/G126-1020.jpg
GrandTec Ultimate XP Pro PC To TV Converter - $79.99

AVerMedia AVerKey iMicro Converter - $84.73

Pc To Tv Video Converter Play Video Game and Watch DVD On Tv - $46.95

E-Book ULTIMATE XP PRO ( GXP-2000 ) - $70.20

Grandtec Ultimate 2000 PC-to-TV Converter - $68.95

Cables To Go VGA to Component Video Converter - $199.99

GrandTec Ultimate 2000 PC To TV Converter - $69.99

Avermedia AVerKey 550 Pro Converter - $274.99

They are all strictly not in budget.

3. The last option ofcourse is to buy a graphic card with TV-out. I seriously am not in the position to upgrade my graphic card at the moment but can consider buying a cheap nvidia GeForce mx200 64/32 mb card with TV-out if i can find one!!

There were more options like MPEG decoder cards, but they're not available anymore..

I went to nehru place (Delhi's computer hardware market for those who don't know) day before yesterday.

Couldn't find any TV tuner neither in the market nor on the net with a TV-out, maybe they stopped making those or whatever. As for my TV-out problem, found some options in Nehru Place. One is to buy an 8 MB video card with TV-out for 800 bux. Second option is to buy an Nvidia GeForce MX4000 64MB AGP with TV-out for 1650 bux. Third option is to buy a local VGA to Composite video convertor for 1499 bux, and last option is a branded avermedia one for 2500 bux.

Please help me decide what is the best and cheapest solution and which is also available in India.

Last edited:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Get a MX 4000 with a TV out or u will get PCI based cards which have a TV out and cost around 900...But u cannot game on these...

Status
Not open for further replies.