PC suggestion for rendering/ animation / graphics at budget

Tamoghno

Padawan
hi again. i need to buy a PC for rendering / video editing / graphics animation works etc , within budget of 40k. i have decided to go intel this time and graphics card must be nvidia (because of CUDA). please suggest.

things i'll need - Cabinet / PSU / Processor / Mobo / Ram (6-8GB) / GPU /2tb HDD

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: adobe CS suite / some 3D softwares

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: ideally 40K.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: absolutely not. as i said , a reliable machine is priority .

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 2tb hdd for now. i'll be putting SSD in few months

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: no, already have one

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, keyboard, mouse etc. basically i only want to things that are within the cabinet.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within 1-2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: i'll assemble myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: local buying preferred unless getting some really good deals online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: again, reliability and long life is priority for this machine over raw performance. GPU with good CUDA feature set support is preferred for my usage, raw gpu performance not as much. thinking of getting cheapest gtx 660/760 i can find but please guide me on that. mobo i'd like to be a asus but not sure how VFM are they these days

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
FX 6300 - 7.5k
Gigabyte 970A DS3P - 5.5k
WD Blue 1TB - 3.5k
Deepcool Tesseract - 3k
Seasonic S12II 520W - 4.5k
HyperXFury 4GB - 3k
GTX 960 - 18k

if you want to cut costs, get GTX 660 ~13k

OP
T

Tamoghno

Padawan
thanks for the suggestion but i want to go with intel this time . i think i will go with GTX 660 and save the ~5k to buy i5-4590 instead. any suggestion on motherboard ? preferably asus if not too overpriced

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel i5 4440 - 11.5k
Gigabyte B85M-D3H - 5.5k
WD Blue 1TB - 3.5k
Deepcool Tesseract - 3.2k
Seasonic S12II 520W - 4.9k
HyperXFury 4GB 1600MHz - 3k
Zotac GTX 660 - 12k
TOTAL -43.6k

Top Bottom