PC started but nothing on monitor . please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkt3000

Broken In
until last night my PC was fully OK . problem started this morning .
Its one year old PC , AMD 3000+ 64 bit venice core , 512 ram , MSI rs482 motherboard , zebrinics cabinet and 740N samsung monitor .

This morning when I started , nothing came onto the monitor , its blue light blinking . I open the signal cord and turned up the monitor . It is working , No probs with the monitor because as I have disconnected the signal cord it said connect the signal cord and the blue light was not blinking .
while turning on , fans are running , even the HDD is ok as in the front of the cabinet the red light is on .( zebronics antibiotic cabinet ) .

now what I should do ?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
looks like some ram or some cables are facing loose contact...and try running ur pc without the hdd(this had happened in my old pc , but this prob cant possibly come to newer ones..) . and try removing and re-connecting all cables.. it should work . & try a bios refresh as well , if that doesnt help..

OP
P

pkt3000

Broken In
no I already ckecked the cable , there is no fault .

when I am turning it on, the 3 lEds in my keyboard turning on for 1 time as usual , only nothing in the monitor ....its light only blinking .

is it a BIOS problem ? or a virus? I do use NOD32 . should I change the CMOS battery? while booting I tried to goto the bios so pressed Del but nothing happened .

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
pkt3000 said:
Its one year old PC , AMD 3000+ 64 bit venice core , 512 ram , MSI rs482 motherboard , zebrinics cabinet and 740N samsung monitor .

This morning when I started , nothing came onto the monitor , its blue light blinking . I open the signal cord and turned up the monitor . It is working , No probs with the monitor because as I have disconnected the signal cord it said connect the signal cord and the blue light was not blinking .
while turning on , fans are running , even the HDD is ok as in the front of the cabinet the red light is on .( zebronics antibiotic cabinet ) .

now what I should do ?

im afraid....give a look here

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56640

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57245

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
pkt3000 said:

this thing happened with my older monitor.it may not be a cabble problem or ram problem.mite be probs in the monitor itself.
i had to send the monitor to the service centre.they got it repaired.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
same thing happend with my new xfx 650 mobo. got it replaced and now the replaced is working fine.

bluepearl

troubleshooter
do u installed or uninstalled something the last night?
do u hav UPS or spikeguard?
the prob is most probably with RAM or Moniter cable; chek for any broken contacts wher u connect the pin !!

OP
P

pkt3000

Broken In
no I didnt install / uninstalled anything last time and I have APC ups . how u can say prob in cable ? I told u the reasons " No probs with the monitor because as I have disconnected the signal cord it said connect the signal cord and the blue light was not blinking . "

well I forget to mention that CD drive is working too..I mean there are lights on LED and tray is working

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
ya man . u got problem in mobo or ram mostly . if u disconnect the monitor completely , ur pc shud boot and u shud hear that beep sound on booting and num lock (usually) turns on . u see hdd activity loading ur os. also , hear ur windows ( if u're using it ) , logon sound. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom