PC shuts down all of a sudden and needs to power on to boot into windows... Please help...

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
i was going to call firebrigade but then i saw that you bring it down :p

though it still looks high to me, as you have 42'C as minimum temp and its not full summer yet, this means heatsink still need proper installation, i think it could cross 70'C during gaming

check with prime95 (keep eye on temp side by side) and see of it goes above 70'C rapidly , if yes then improper instalation confirmed also let us know your observation

which thermal paste you are using now , is the old leftover on heatsink or you cleaned heatsink and cpu and used a new thermal paste ( maybe the one which came with tx3 ( if it comes with ) ) ?

Last edited:

jasku

In the zone
If those max temps are while gaming, your cooler is doing a very good job. I get load temps of 65-70C on my i2500k with CM 212 Evo.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If those max temps are while gaming, your cooler is doing a very good job. I get load temps of 65-70C on my i2500k with CM 212 Evo.

These temps are while just browsing and if I get 70C while gaming is it good enough... Please reply...

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
its good.

Thanks buddy...

- - - Updated - - -

Hyper TX3 Evo is a bit tricky to install. Make sure you remove your motherboard from the case before installing. I did it with the mobo in the case and it was a rather painful process, even though I have a large case.

Yes I had removed the mobo from the case and installed the cooler and then re-assembled the whole system after a full clean-up.

a3clay

Right off the assembly line
I have a similar problem. PC shuts down randomly esp. when I do multitasking. I have also checked my CPU temp and M/B temp. It is normal. I don't know how to solve this. Please help.The following is my pc configuration:
4 GB ram DDR3-1333
64 bit OS
i5-333CPU@3 GHz
ASROCK B75 M
HD 6670 Sapphire graphics
Seasonic 750 W

Alok

Adventurer
I have a similar problem. PC shuts down randomly esp. when I do multitasking. I have also checked my CPU temp and M/B temp. It is normal. I don't know how to solve this. Please help.The following is my pc configuration:
4 GB ram DDR3-1333
64 bit OS
i5-333CPU@3 GHz
ASROCK B75 M
HD 6670 Sapphire graphics
Seasonic 750 W

do memtest

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Do Memtest and check the temps. If those temps cross 70c (after 90c it automatically shutsdown to protect itself from further damage)then you need to change both your thermal paste & CPU Cooler which I did.

Top Bottom