PC shuts down after 30-40 mins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
But the 10 years warranty and using of good quality components worth it every penny I think and that's why even I settled for RMx.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

Here is the update. I replaced the PSU (Corsair RMX 750) and reapplied thermal paste (Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound ).
However the problem is still exactly the same:

PC starts and runs for 4-5 minutes. Then the power simply goes off.
Upon pressing the power button again, it runs for 1-2 minutes and then goes off again....

What to do now? I know its not a voltage or earthing problem as I have stabilizer installed in the mains of my house and this PC used to run just fine for 4-5 years. Facing problem from past 1 month or so.

Please suggest....

IMG_20171231_204214.jpg

Last edited:
OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

Here is the update. I replaced the PSU (Corsair RMX 750) and reapplied thermal paste (Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound ).
However the problem is still exactly the same:

PC starts and runs for 4-5 minutes. Then the power simply goes off.
Upon pressing the power button again, it runs for 1-2 minutes and then goes off again....

What to do now? I know its not a voltage or earthing problem as I have stabilizer installed in the mains of my house and this PC used to run just fine for 4-5 years. Facing problem from past 1 month or so.

Please suggest....

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your mobo may have gone bad,in my experience even a high end premium mobo can not be relied upon after standard warranty duration of 3 years let alone a budget brand/model like Asrock.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah probably failing capacitors on motherboard .. you can get your mobo repaired locally or else sell the current components and assemble new rig

Last edited:

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
It could be the case as well. Front ports and power buttons of cheap cases usually malfunction after a few years. Also top mounting a heavy RM750x PSU isn't great.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Ok. I understand that I have to buy a new LGA 1150 MB and preferably a new case.

Please provide an online link to buy the above components. Budget no issue but the components should be damn sturdy. Its very difficult for me to manage without a PC and replacing components....

Thank you so much for all your support...

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Ok. I understand that I have to buy a new LGA 1150 MB and preferably a new case.

Please provide an online links to buy the above components. Budget no issue but the components should be damn sturdy. Its very difficult for me to manage without a PC and replacing components....

Thank you so much for all your support...
Motherboard:Gigabyte B85M-D3H
*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00D1A5OR...32b-5dca-a41d-3d052471bc98&pf_rd_i=1375385031
Cabinet:Corsair Carbide Series 100R *www.amazon.in/dp/B00RORBQNW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8gPsAbGNTVE4G

If budget is not a problem then go with this Processor instead.
Link:Intel Core i5-4590 Processor,6M Cache, 3.30 GHz, 1150 Socket, 4th Gen processor | eBay

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@bssunilreddy I think you posted wrong link because Cooler Master Force 500 is a 2013 model with top mounted psu position.

@vindance1 what is your budget for cabinet,depending on that only you would get good suggestions.e.g.minimum recommended budget build cabinet is around 3k for Antec GX200 or Corsair Carbide Spec-01.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Motherboard:Gigabyte B85M-D3H
*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00D1A5OR...32b-5dca-a41d-3d052471bc98&pf_rd_i=1375385031
Cabinet:Corsair Carbide Series 100R *www.amazon.in/dp/B00RORBQNW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8gPsAbGNTVE4G

If budget is not a problem then go with this Processor instead.
Link:Intel Core i5-4590 Processor,6M Cache, 3.30 GHz, 1150 Socket, 4th Gen processor | eBay
Thank you so much for the suggestion. Also I already have processor and ram. Need only mb.

1 simple question. I am using just basic features in my PC. No gaming. I am concerned only about durability of the mb. So should I get b85 d3h or go for just h81 ms. There is also a b85m d3v.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
@bssunilreddy I think you posted wrong link because Cooler Master Force 500 is a 2013 model with top mounted psu position.

@vindance1 what is your budget for cabinet,depending on that only you would get good suggestions.e.g.minimum recommended budget build cabinet is around 3k for Antec GX200 or Corsair Carbide Spec-01.
Budget for cabinet is around 5k. Focus is on just durability. Not concerned about features or looks... If I get a sturdy cabinet cheaper, then even better...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.amazon.in/Corsair-CC-9011052-WW-Carbide-SPEC-03-Mid-Tower/dp/B00J63LFTW/ref=sr_1_20?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1514879580&sr=1-20&refinements=p_36:280000-500000,p_89:Corsair|Antec|Cooler+Master
Do note that max supported cpu cooler height is 157mm which means you won't be able to fit most recommended aftermarket cpu air coolers if you decide to get one later but if you have no plan of overclocking in future then stock cooler(the one that comes with processor) is good enough.

*www.amazon.in/Antec-GX900-Computer-Case/dp/B00G63Z3AC/ref=sr_1_22?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1514879580&sr=1-22&refinements=p_36:280000-500000,p_89:Corsair|Antec|Cooler+Master
This one has max supported cooler height of 170mm.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not using ups. No power cuts.
Still no harm in trying ups,just because there is no power cut it doesn't mean power from mains is not responsible.Even small fluctuations in power from mains(not even visible to eye in form of dimming of lights etc) may result in pc shutdown.Also just for your information regular voltage stabilizer is not sensitive enough for PC.Even if UPS is not the issue now,there is no harm in getting one.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
^ that usually happens with cheap PSUs with limited 200v-240v input range , with low hold up time or bad primary cap ,

but AFAIK highly unlikely to happen with RM 750X though , ..

it supports wide input range from 100v-240v , so voltage anywhere in that range it should keep on working without tripping PC ,

and the hold up time with this 750 watt PSU is going to be very long with only around 100 watt max load of this current PC and even more if it's just idling...... he could probably switch off and on Main AC switch very rapidly manually and PC may still not restart/shutdown.. so minor fluctuations are highly unlikely to make this PC shutdown or restart as long as it is above 100v

also it would be good if both the topics are merged to maintain continuity and avoid scattering of replies in different threads :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom