PC seems to boot but no display

dibya_kol

In the zone
hi all,
a few days ago when i turn on my pc there is no display is coming, but after few second i can here that sound while desktop is appear. that means my pc is booting properly but display is not coming. i cleaned and spewed ram slot changed power(6 pin) of my gpu. then i booted up and it worked fine .. but today again the same problem appeared !!
so my question is what could be the problem? is my gpu is dying ? or bios problem? (bios is up-to-date though)
my config as follows ..

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Try Booting With IGP.
If that works fine then maybe Your GPU is at fault.
Try Cleaning And Reseating The RAM.
Could be a Gfx Card Port fault too.

Try Boting Up With Individual GPU.
First with 5770 then with GT240.

OP
dibya_kol

dibya_kol

In the zone
Try Booting With IGP.
If that works fine then maybe Your GPU is at fault.
Try Cleaning And Reseating The RAM.
Could be a Gfx Card Port fault too.

Try Boting Up With Individual GPU.
First with 5770 then with GT240.

No issue when i boot up with igp. Checked once though. Physx card is now unplugged, but the problem persist.
And this problem won't happen every time, it is happening after 2/3 days !!

OP
dibya_kol

dibya_kol

In the zone
does nt sounds good for me !! So what should i do now ? Wait and see how my gpu will die ? There is nothing i can do ?

OP
dibya_kol

dibya_kol

In the zone
no there is still worrenty left .. But how i tell/prove them the problem ? It's is not happening everytime, as i told early, it is happening after 2/3 days !!

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^That dosent matter how frequently you are facing the problem.
an issue is an issue.
Take it to the service center.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
This is a typical issue of your power supply failing slowly . Try reducing hardware like multiple HDD's , fans . optical drive etc . I faced such issue earlier , i thaught it was my GPU but it was actually the PSU . You can try checking that GPU in other system .

OP
dibya_kol

dibya_kol

In the zone
^^ my psu is corsair 550vx. There is 2hdd, one writer, 3 case fan and my gpu is connected with it. My cpu and gpu is nt oced as well, so bearly any pressure on psu.
Now, if psu were getting failed slowly, what should i do ? BTW the disply problem is fixed for now, dono when it will appear again !!

smartsubbi

Right off the assembly line
This is a typical issue of your power supply failing slowly . Try reducing hardware like multiple HDD's , fans . optical drive etc . I faced such issue earlier , i thaught it was my GPU but it was actually the PSU . You can try checking that GPU in other system .

i had the same problem and it was PSU and had installed a new pSU with more power and the problem was solved :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Op's PSu is enough to power his entire rig - the issue he is facing is a clear sign of the gpu is going bad - I've seen this before and it will take one month or a little less before the gpu gets completely non functional.

@ Op - play some resource hungry games for 3 to 4 hrs. contentiously everyday and this will make the process much shorter.

frankeric

Journeyman
hi all,
a few days ago when i turn on my pc there is no display is coming, but after few second i can here that sound while desktop is appear. that means my pc is booting properly but display is not coming. i cleaned and spewed ram slot changed power(6 pin) of my gpu. then i booted up and it worked fine .. but today again the same problem appeared !!
so my question is what could be the problem? is my gpu is dying ? or bios problem? (bios is up-to-date though)
my config as follows ..

Hi there friend before doing any thing try to use another monitor with your system and see what happens it can be your monitors fault.

Top Bottom