PC parts in 10k for basic use needed in 4 years of computer engineering

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I am making a PC for my friend, he will be using it for basic use like youtube , movies , programming , coding , auto desk and all that is needed in 4 years of computer engineering [I am in 1st year so i don't know much]
He won't be gaming

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Need 2 builds one with a budge of 10k, another with 15k budget

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Mostly 7/8 will decide later

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have 500gb HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, already have a monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Keyboard , Monitor , Mouse , Speaker , HDD , ODD

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes. I will help him build it or he might just ask his neighbour

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai. Open to buying both from locally and flipkart. Though Flipkart is preffered

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: So basically he only needs Proccesor + Mobo + Ram + PSU + GPU/iGPU in 10-15k [need 1 build for 10k and another for 15k] for use in 4 years of computer engineering degree from mumbai university [I don't know if we might need to run heavy applications later on.. if yes please help me]

ASHISH65

Technomancer
G2010 @ 3600

Gigabyte H61 D2h @ 3400

Corsair 4gb ram 1333mhz @ 2400

Local cabinet with psu @ 800

Total - 10,200

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
G2010 @ 3600

Gigabyte H61 D2h @ 3400

Corsair 4gb ram 1333mhz @ 2400

Total - 10,200

Will this build be enough for programming/coding and whatever they teach us over the course of 4 years?
I really don't trust low quality PSU , will they run effectively.. I don't want my friends pc to fry up because of a low quality psu

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Intel i3 3210 @ 6600

Gigabyte H61 D2h @ 3400

Kingston hyperx blue 4gb @2400

Antec bp300 psu @ 1700

Antec NSK4400 cabi @1300

Total @ 15,400

Will this build be enough for programming/coding and whatever they teach us over the course of 4 years?

Buddy wait for some engineering guys comment on this

ankush28

Bazinga
programming(c, c++, java, python and all) and all other thing Except AutoCAD will run on G2010 rig easily
AutoCAD will work but very laggy (in case of 2014, but most colleges recommend to use older ones like 2010(my clg uses 2004:facepalm: so it will work too:) )
i3 is capable for all your work.(personal experiance with i3-3220 :D )

btw as a computer engineering student he wont need autocad that much.
+1 for both rig suggested by ashish

Last edited:

dabster

In the zone
+1, both rigs look good. These PC specs are definitely fine for College needs - All programming editors VS, eclipse, codeblocks, sql server 2k. MySQL instance all will work ok. (atleast this is the list i remem). You are good till you keep RAM 4gb or above.

dabster

In the zone
Did you finally pick this? Would be interested to know if any tweaks you had to do in config or picked this already..

For 15k budget:

i3 3220 (7500)
Gigabyte B75M DH3
Kingston hyper X Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2400)

Total - ~15k

Top Bottom