PC not booting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pramodv1988

Broken In
When I switch on the PC, the fans start working, also the CD ROM works, yet the PC doesnt start...the BIOS doesnt load.

Before the PC crashed earlier too I had to try 3-4 times to switch on the PC.

I feel some contacts must be loose coz when it gets a jerk PC used to hang.

I have tried the following things
1. Removed the RAM, cleaned and tried changing the slots.

2. Replaced my CMOS battery.

All in vain.

My PC cinfiguration is
Intel 865 Motherboard, 2.9 Ghz, HT, 256 MB RAM.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
>>>As you say that the fans are working,I think your SMPS is NOT the cause of problem.
>>>Remove the RAM and boot up your PC.If you get 3 bleeps,Than your RAM is okay.
>>>If you have a Graphic card,Then remove the monitor cable from the card and connect it to onboard video and try booting up your PC.
>>>Connect your HDD as a slave to any other PC and see if it works there.Backup important data if necessary.
>>>Did you insert any new hardware recently??If yes remove it and try booting again as it may be overloading your PSU.

OP
P

pramodv1988

Broken In
Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to mention before. I had indeed tried to remove the RAM and boot my PC. Surprisingly no bleeps came. That was when I thought CMOS battery may be drained. Even with the new battery bleeps didnt come.

I feel the PC isn't even reaching the position where it has to check if RAM is connected.

HDD is fine coz it was bought recently and I can hear it spinning inside alongwith the fans when I switch on my PC.

I have got onboard grabhics and havent inserted any new hardware.

Any ideas welcome.
Thx

pushkaraj

In the zone
If he is not even reaching till the stage of POST, then this seems to be a case of bios gone kaput. If there is any way of changing the bios chip, then probably that might help.

OP
P

pramodv1988

Broken In
Well..I couldnt reply coz I could access digit only from my college. I have given my motherboard to repair. Hope it doesn't cost me a astronomical amount.
Will post when my mobo is repaired as to what was the problem and the money I had to shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom