PC not booting , no display, no bios (disconnected everything)

maldyzooks

Broken In
Configuration:

1. tagan TG500 U37 smps
2. asus m4a785td-v evo motherboard
3. amd 550BE cpu
4. 2X1GB corsair xms3 + 2*2gb gskill ripjaws
5. palit ati 4670 (retired for 2 months)

Here's my situation.
As of this moment, my pc will not boot with any display or beeps ( afaik there is no motherboard speaker attached here).
Also as far as i can see, theres no visible damage to any components.
The graphics card was retired 2 months back ( more on this later , and is not involved in this)

I've disconnected all peripherals (hdd, dvd writer , extra fan to keep hdd's cool) .
I've also removed all the ram chips.
I've removed the bios battery.

On powering up, either 1 of 2 things happen:
1. the cpu/smps fan spin up, mobo led lights up (also does ethernet led) , but pc immediately powers down in 5 seconds, OR
2. more often than not, everything spins up , lights up and stays like that (i've counted a few minuts after which i power down holding power key for 5 minutes).

The same 2 scenarios occured when i hadall the peripherals and ram chips inserted as well. No difference.
I dont have a spare smps to connect and check nor do I know how to use a multimeter properly acc to specs.

A bit of history:
2 months or so back, exact same thing had happened a couple of times on and off. PC wouldnt boot for a couple of times, and then suddenly it would work fine for days. ( It would boot without bios screen or display)
Finally one day it just didnt boot, I took it apart piece by piece, checked it over, cleaned everything (incl cpu and sink) , and reseated everything properly. It was after this I discovered my pc was working fine on onboard but not on my graphics card. So I removed it and kept it hoping to RMA it.
And now this has happened again, but I dont have the graphics card to blame this time.
Also, on and off the smps seemed as if it couldnt power my system ( there are 3 sata power cables on 1 cable out from the smps and it could power only 2 disks properly, I had to power the 3rd disk with the cable for dvd writer.

I guess from my symptoms, smps and mobo seem the most likely of culprits.

I've scourged the internet including the 2 threads on this forum with people seemingly having exact same issues as me.
Please give me proper pointers.

Oh and also, going to lami is a real pain for me ( crazy work requirements) , so I can probably do this very few times.

Does anyone know the exact contact addresses for RMA of
1. Tagan SMPS (<2 years old)
2. Asus Motherboard (<2 years old)
3. AMD cpu (< 2 years old)
4. palit graphics card ( its over 2 years old, dont know if its warranty covered or not)
5. Microsoft keyboard ( < 2 years old)

Tech&ME

Banned
Sorry bud, can't help you much!! because your mobo requires repairs / or atleast checking by an expert.

But since you have no time to move out for this, can't really help.

-----
You can try this:
1. Pull out the Coin Battery for about 5 minutes.
2. Take a screw driver and short the Coin Battery Socket PINS. (Do this is off mode).
3. Replace the Coin Battery after 5 minutes.

Top Bottom