PC Not booting from HDD during windows 7 installation

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I was installing windows 7 from my Pen drive (since my DVD drive isn't working). I created the bootable USB drive using a software named WinTbootic. The installation process starts and continues till it needs the first restart.

After the restart if I leave the pen drive plugged in, the computer takes it as the boot media and the installation process starts over. If I unplug the pen drive during the restart, I get the msg "boot mgr not found, press ctrl+alt+del to restart". This has happened over four times now. What might be wrong?

After taking out the pen drive I manually tried to select the hard disk as the boot media, still I got the same msg.
Please help guys.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
have you tried installing using official Windows 7 ISO? download from digitalriver and use that to install. the ISO you used may have been corrupt.

gameranand

Living to Play
I was installing windows 7 from my Pen drive (since my DVD drive isn't working). I created the bootable USB drive using a software named WinTbootic. The installation process starts and continues till it needs the first restart.

After the restart if I leave the pen drive plugged in, the computer takes it as the boot media and the installation process starts over. If I unplug the pen drive during the restart, I get the msg "boot mgr not found, press ctrl+alt+del to restart". This has happened over four times now. What might be wrong?

After taking out the pen drive I manually tried to select the hard disk as the boot media, still I got the same msg.
Please help guys.

1. Make the PD bootable.
2. Boot from PD and start the installation process
3. When PC restarts then override the boot sequence and boot from HDD and installation will continue. :)

1. Make the PD bootable.
2. Boot from PD and start the installation process
3. When PC restarts then override the boot sequence and boot from HDD and installation will continue. :)

If this doesn't work, try making the pen drive bootable with some different software.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Thanks guys for all the replies. The problem was solved.

When the computer didn't boot after removing the PD, I manually tried booting it from HDD, but that didn't work either.

I have 2 HDDs connected to my PC. When nothing worked, I removed one and started the installation. This time it worked.

So turns out the two HDDs were conflicting somehow. I had already checked the HDD priority in the BIOS earlier, the disk I was installing windows on was set as first. Yet it wasn't working. Since both are SATA drives, there is no concept of master and slave. So I don't know what the problem was. But the installation is done and computer is working fine now.

P.S.: I had tried MS's official software too after posting here. Had got the same result.

Top Bottom