Status
Not open for further replies.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
whenever i boot in windows after a couple of start up programs i get a blue screen and windows reboots.also the boot time has suddenly gone up windows boots only after atleast 50 scrolls.

this has happened after i got an error of windows\config\system file missing or corrupt earlier.my system was working fine until yesterday.

paroh

Padawan
Press F8 to display these options

1First try VGA mode if it work reinstall the graphic card drivers the latest one

Otherwise try

2 Last good know configuration

If it works its ok

otherwise try

3.Try safe mode and stop startup program from run->msconfig->startup

Last edited:
OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
i think it's done by Worm.Win32.autoit.s coz when kaspersky detects it and i try to delete it.my system reboots.plz help me remove this ****

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Scan your PC in safe mode and then try to delete all infected files. You can also try booting from a linux disk and scanning PC with Panda Antivirus for Linux.

As for corrupt windows\config\system file, Boot your PC with XP Installation disk and enter Recovery Consol and type following commands after giving your admin password:

cd system32\config [enter]
ren system system.old [enter]
ren system.alt systemalt.old [enter]
copy c:\windows\repair\system [enter]
copy c:\windows\repair\regback\system [enter]

Exit Recovery Console and Restart.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
In your case, trying to remove the worm using Kaspersky in Windows may not be possible. The worm is also starting up with Windows and it's reluctant to stop. So what I suggest is, install Avast! with the latest updates. Schedule a boot time scan and restart. Before Windows boots, i.e when the worm hasn't loaded into memory yet, Avast! will perform a scan and you'll be able to remove the worm.

As for the system config file error, follow the link mentioned in my previous post.

Last edited:
OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
the problem is solved thnx to a link i found by some googling but still the boot time is horrible.i guess after a defragmentation session it'll be alright.

does anyone think my HDD might be the cause for the System error.i have a WD 640GB HDD

paroh

Padawan
the problem is solved thnx to a link i found by some googling but still the boot time is horrible.i guess after a defragmentation session it'll be alright.

does anyone think my HDD might be the cause for the System error.i have a WD 640GB HDD

Tell us how u solve the problem so that if any body encounter such type of problem, he can solve it.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I mentioned this link in my previous post.
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

It's for solving the system config file error.

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
i got the prob solved by only booting into the recovery console and doing nothing:D it stopped showing up afterwards.but i still feel my drive isnt functioning properly anyway to test it?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom