PC just dies off !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
Hi guys this is something which happens sometimes not always but is very annoying and problematic....
It happens most of the time when I'm playing a game, the pc suddenly dies off ... it doesnt restart it just dies ! the fans at the back stop working the hdd lght is off too.. there is just no power in it. If I press the power button on the pc it doesnt start I have to put my ups off and then put ti back on to start the pc.. many times it doesnt start like this too... By luck after sumtime it starts it even happened once while just browsing.

I want to know what is the problem ? Is it my smps ? plz reply

reddragon

In the zone
clean the ram and i think u have installed all the software's from motherboard's CD ? well whicxh specific mobo u have ? u please turn of the software which shutdowns the PC if temperature overcomes a certain degree . i had MSI and I faced this problem previously .

OP
mikeon

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
can it be due to ram ? i have installed all drivers not the motherboard cd, I got updated ones... I dont think it is due to over heating... I got a gigabyte motherboard quite old its a 845 gv ! as for temperature... cpu is at 35 c, hard disks at 50 & 48 respectively...

reddragon

In the zone
ok do one thing just install a hadrdisk doctor type of software ( i forgot the specific name ) but u can find that in digit DVDs...ck harddisks are ok or not ...i think that will be ok .............. better install a perfect disk type of software and defragment the whole PC , if the problem persists then reinstall windows if possible . is the problem happening only for gaming? otherwise the PC is ok for net/all other application ?

OP
mikeon

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
it happens most of the time when it does during gaming... I guess maybe because the pc is under stress.. but I opened up my cabinet & pushed in the cable which gives power to the motherboard... I highly doubt if it is a problem with the hard disk because the whole pc just loses power... maybe is it a power problem ?

reddragon

In the zone
may be a power problem ... r u using a UPS ? if not then ther e may be a power problem ...... just interchange ur plugs if u can...whole PC loses power means ? is it Monitor, cabinet , speaker ...all loses power or the cabinet loses power ?

napster007

Padawan
the problem is with ur smps(power supply). it happened with me 4 times too. when i got it checked they said that the smps was fluctuating. get it repaired.

OP
mikeon

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
I had a feelin that it might be the smps... was the same thing happening to you ??

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
I was experencing the same Problem, and guess what i guess that mikeon is right....may b its due to smps...because after that problem , one day my PC died and never started again ,after switching the UPS on and off with no positive result ,and it was then i took it to a PC doctor and had it fixed a new SMPS...better chk the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom