PC inventory software for hardware and software

Status
Not open for further replies.

taken

Journeyman
hi all,

we have around 20 computers at our lab. i need to update all the hardware and software in all the nodes. well this is a real tiresome job to personally go and check all the assets.

hence, i just wanted to know if there is any PC inventory software for hardware and software that be run in a server or any win xp pro machines in workgroup without disturbing the clients.

i know that there will be many paid version or shareware which i need to go for, but to my luck, can i get any freeware that will solve my problem. as i dont need that very high end application, i seek info from all you gurus out there.

regs
ken

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
your question is not clear. Do you mean to say that you want to install latest updates of all the software or you just want to have an inventory of all software and hardware of each and every machine.

OP
T

taken

Journeyman
i just want to make hardware and software inventory list from one single point as all my computers are in workgroup. if needed i can put it in domain also.

EG. like Everest Ultimate Edition wherein it gives a list of all h/w and s/w in ones computer.

do i make it clear from my side, pls look into it.

regs

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, missing Microsoft hotfixes, anti-virus status, CIS (Center for Internet Security) benchmarks, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server. go here *www.belarc.com/free_download.html

You may also use faronics system profiler :*www.faronics.com/html/SysProfiler.asp

Last edited:
OP
T

taken

Journeyman
thanks for the re. i just browsed the page and got to know the details. in case onyone out there has more then pls pls do let me know.

more the better as....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom