Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi99_iitg

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends..
I own Intel 865 Mobo + 2.8 HT intel processor + 512 MB RAM + 410 GB(250+120+40) HDD. My problem is since last 3 months, My PC hangs when leave untouched for long time ( like overnight ). I have to hard boot it in this case. many times, when I open some folder which contain so many files, it stops responding and I have to kill the explorer.exe. Also, at times, mouse and/or keyboard stop responding during normal usage and then after rebooting they start functioning again. I have checked with all antiviruses, so its not a virus problem. Further, the CPU temp. tend to be on higher side as the cabinet fan makes lots of noise ( I think anyways the cooling mechanism is not enough for my machine). I think it might be some malfunctioning in MOBO. its very irritating .. can u pls suggest some remedy.

thanks in anticipation
Abhishek

shovik

Banned
Your problem seems to be due to overheating. Try to keep good ventilation in your cabinet.

Try to clear out any wire which is blocking air circulation near your processor. Install two 120mm cooling fans such that the air flows out horizontally, clear out any dust accumulated over the processor heat-sink thorough vaccum cleaner or any soft dry cloth. Hope this would solve your problem.

Regards,
Shovik.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Yes, the cooling devices are the culprit. You may install another fan also. I don't understand why you have
to leave your System on all night long?Also make sure that all the fans are working properly. If not get them
replaced or repaired. Also the inside of the cabinet should be dust-free. If you use a vacuum cleaner , use
it with care , cover it with some cloth & don't go very near the Components as it may short-circuit them!!
You may use a air-blower to blow-out the dust.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Try running the PC with the side panel open............Turn on the a/c in ur room, if any.....but do turn the fan on of the room....most imp......Install a software that tells u the temp and check it out ur self........it should be under 55*-60*.......And if all this does not help then get a new well ventilated cabinet or CPU cooler......

arijit basu

Broken In
In the case of AMD the cpu gets restarted..check whether all the system fans are moving,,give the cabinet some air..
and for GOD s sake give the compu some rest..It wont hurt it.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
can any body have a idea what this problem is
switch on computer.the green & red led light starts glowing.doesnot boot no display or any booting sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom