PC Hangs after 15 Mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithinks

True Techie
Hi All,

My desktop PC(Pentium 3, 256MB memory, 3.2GB free space in C) hangs exactly after 15 minutes after the booting.
the time depends upon the application you run, for example if I run photoshop, it gets stuck after 7 minutes.

Please update me with the root cause for this problem and the possible solution.
Thanks.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Is that some overheating issue? Is the SMPS fan and Processor fan working normally?

See if your cabinet is getting proper ventilation and not overheating. Also, defragment your HDD to improve performance. :)

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Add some more Ram to your pc and check whether your power supply is working properly. It might be a virus as well. Try to scan your computer with a updated antivirus.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Make some more space in ur C drive (is it where ur os stored?)

I think, virtual memory may be a problem here. Again Photoshop in P3 with 256MB RAM, a bit tough for the config.

Increase RAM and check SMPS.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Which Version of Photoshop are you running? It might be too heavy on your system.Try upgrading your RAM and Processor.Or, you can try older versions like 6.0 Which will run fine on your config.

OP
nithinks

nithinks

True Techie
Which Version of Photoshop are you running? It might be too heavy on your system.Try upgrading your RAM and Processor.Or, you can try older versions like 6.0 Which will run fine on your config.

Not exactly like photoshop... any high - end application.. makes my PC to hang.. after few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom