PC Gets restart !!!!!!!

ADI8893

Broken In
Few DAYS before i have bought a Sapphaire ATI 6670 with 1GB DDR5 . i have been noticing that
1.when i use my PC for normal use (Surfing net, Listing songs etc.) it works fine.
2.when i use to play games (having sound output via Speakers) and by chances if power cut's off the PC gets restarted.
3.when i use to play games (having sound output via headphones ) it works perfectly in the case of power cut also .
NOTE:- I am using UPS till my inverter gets started.
PC Config :- 1. INTEL core2 duo
2. MOB is of Intel G41
3. DDR2 RAM (800 MHz) 4GB
4. PSU INTEX 450 W
PLZ HELP ME .WHERE IS THE PROBLEM.

Last edited:

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
What are the UPS and speaker model numbers. Are the speakers also powered by the UPS?

OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
Thanks for your reply . UPS is of Microtek 600 VA, F&D SPS-800K. Plz help out i hope that my PC components ae fine ........ :-?

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Yup, that's probably what it is. Just plug the speakers to something other than the UPS and all should be fine.

OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
sir as you have told to separate the connection of both speakers and UPS i have done it but still the problem stays as it is. :duh2::wah::hissyfit:
now the PC took restarted when the power fluctuated.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Remove the gpu and revert to your onboard graphics. See if it has the same problem. If it does, you need a better power supply.

Edit: I don't know much about the UPS, but others can help out with that if that's the case. I wouldn't put any faith on substandard power supplies from questionable OEMs, but that could be a solution for another day. Nevertheless, switching to onboard should help you to narrow it down.

OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
bro i also done this thing . in that situation it works perfectly without and restart ..........oh god plz help......

Minion

Conversation Architect
Change that power supply as soon as possible I think it is the culprit it is providing unclean power to motherboard hence you are facing random restart.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Does it still work fine without the speakers connected? Like on headphones its working fine?

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Case closed? Why would it restart using speakers and not restart when using headphones if it was a power supply problem?

OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
r u sure changing the SMPS will really short out my problem.............???????? if yes then which one should i buy.......

Minion

Conversation Architect
Yes,SMPS is problem if not why would your PC restart even separating Speaker from UPS and you are saying without that GPU your system runs fine that means your SMPS is not able to handle GPU.

Try to get Antec VP450 if budget is issue Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU.

amjath

Human Spambot
Case closed? Why would it restart using speakers and not restart when using headphones if it was a power supply problem?
[MENTION=171627]ADI8893[/MENTION] said when not using GPU system works properly.
IMO if his PSU worn out, GPU demanding power causing PSU mpotent to power mobo.
So if [MENTION=171627]ADI8893[/MENTION] can get spare PSU and test his PC with GPU and speaker ON, then I will post my prediction/conclusion for the same

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
[MENTION=171627]ADI8893[/MENTION] , get a spike gaurd and make saperate connections such that only CPU is powered by UPS and speakers & monitor is powered by mains and check. May be UPS is not able meet the demand of all the components. I too was facing the same problem with corsair VX550 PSU by the above solution problem was solved.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Didn't he say that the PC restarts when playing games using speakers, but NOT when PLAYING GAMES using headphones?

If that was the case, then the GPU has nothing to do with it... I guess either the OP is being inaccurate or there's a communication problem somewhere.

Also, the UPS maybe unable to supply the system with power when the GPU is at full flow. This would cause any SMPS to shutdown, right? What good is is changing the SMPS without first testing the UPS.

I second the suggestion to remove the monitor and everything but the SMPS off the UPS as a trial first.

Last edited:
OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
ok.................."What good is is changing the SMPS without first testing the UPS.

I second the suggestion to remove the monitor and everything but the SMPS off the UPS as a trial first." couldn't understood what r u saying plz explain it . before changing my SMPS i also bought a good condition UPS ..............but still the problem stuck and i am using Windows 8 currently

Top Bottom