PC Game Deals

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Dead Island Definitive Edition (releases May 31, 2016) can be bought as a gift from someone who owns the original edition at 85% (loyalty discount) off for ₹85
Dead Island Riptide Definitive Edition (releases May 31, 2016) can be bought as a gift from someone who owns the original edition at 85% (loyalty discount) off for ₹85

Its definitely a bug because I tried the same logic for Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition which had a loyalty discount for existing owners and they were smart enough to disable Steam gifting option.
So make hay while the sun shines!

bought for a total of 170 bucks

- - - Updated - - -

Humble Capcom Super Turbo HD Remix Rebundle! (pay what you want and help charity

BTA is already 9 $ omg

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
SC2 is long time dead.There are enough memes making fun of it. Even former SC2 players take it as a joke :lol:
Try logging in to the sc2 community in game and say that again :D

All the custom content, multiplayer, this game has so much replay value even after so many years, it's still worth every penny you pay for it.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Piyush

Lanaya
Try logging in to the sc2 community in game and say that again :D

All the custom content, multiplayer, this game has so much replay value even after so many years, it's still worth every penny you pay for it.

Lol why I have to say it to SC2 community, ofcourse they'll defend it coz they play it.

I dont even remember when was the last time I saw A SC2 tourney in twitch.

Only thing I like about Blizzard is their Warcraft and Overwatch.

And when it comes to custom game content/ multiplayer/ prize pool/ memes/...., nothing comes as close to Dota2 :D

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Lol why I have to say it to SC2 community, ofcourse they'll defend it coz they play it.

I dont even remember when was the last time I saw A SC2 tourney in twitch.

Only thing I like about Blizzard is their Warcraft and Overwatch.

And when it comes to custom game content/ multiplayer/ prize pool/ memes/...., nothing comes as close to Dota2 :D
Would you suggest everyone to play dota2 even if it is at least once to try it out?

Piyush

Lanaya
Would you suggest everyone to play dota2 even if it is at least once to try it out?

I'd suggest Dota2 if a person

- Likes moba/ arts genre in general
- Have friends who play dota
- Doesnt have a bad internet
- Is competitive by nature and often plays multiplayer games to curb the hunger.

And a few points regarding various games in this genre, namely League of Legends, Smite, HoTS

LoL- LoL is currently the king. As a Dota2 player, Im still saying this that LoL have greater playerbase as compared to any of the rest in the group. Its fairly easy , the meta changes very slowly, which makes it both easy to accept but kinda boring. There are many players who want to leave LoL but cant because they have invested so much money in skins (LoL cosmetics). The cons of LoL is that its still in pre-historic era when it comes to off-game features like UI, custom game support, demo/sandbox mode, etc... An average match is same, your laning phase in 20 mins pretty much decide who is gonna win...which makes it boring.

Dota2- The 2nd game with most players. It has a steep learning curve as compared to other 3. But once learned, it is very much rewarding. There are major comebacks, ever changing meta, hype moments in games. And to talk about off game content, it offers thousands of Custom games and we see new custom game each day, it has a sandbox mode where one can experiment with heroes. It also have a pretty good tutorial now. And since its developed by Valve in conjunction with IceFrog (the guy who made Dota1 from warcraft) it never gets boring in terms of meta. Oh, and it also holds record prizepool which gets broken down by Dota2 itself each year.'

Smite- Smite is the hardest in my opinion because everything is a skillshot, the 3rd person camera angle doesn't give you 360 degrees of vision. I dunno much about it but its a fun game. Those who dont like Isometric view can try this one

HoTS- HoTS from blizzard is a mix up result from Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo in terms of characters. Its fun. The games dont last much longer , they go anything from 10-20 mins. Its recommended for casual players

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Technically dota was created and maintained by couple of developers ,the last of which was icefrog ,guinsoo was the dev who was involved in maintaining dota before icefrog and he is now involved with LoL

DotA is something worth checking out ,if you can get some of the micro skills from StarCraft to work on dota2 you could become godlike :p,but there is lot more to it

sohan_92

In the zone

- Is competitive by nature and often plays multiplayer games to curb the hunger.

And a few points regarding various games in this genre, namely League of Legends, Smite, HoTS

I would like to add another point for DoTA 2 though it is irrelevant, you will get more steam money through market than your in-game investment; no doubt it is due to game popularity and people are very much eager to buy fancy virtual cosmetics. (Just saying...)

gameranand

Living to Play
What? you dunno what you are missing!

SC2 is long time dead.There are enough memes making fun of it. Even former SC2 players take it as a joke :lol:
I'll buy the series for the story and single player campaign. I am not much in MP.
In terms of story, I just fckin love this game, Also if I buy SC2 series I basically get 5 games because SC1 and SC2 can be played as expansions named Mass Recall.

SC2 and DOTA 2 are very different from each other so I don't see any point defending one and saying anything about other. I also love Dota 2, but because of my private life as of now and bad internet connection, I can't play it. I would obviously resume it when I get stable with life and connectivity of course. SC2 I like for story and also because it is one of the best that this genre has to offer.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

LoL- LoL is currently the king. As a Dota2 player, Im still saying this that LoL have greater playerbase as compared to any of the rest in the group. Its fairly easy , the meta changes very slowly, which makes it both easy to accept but kinda boring. There are many players who want to leave LoL but cant because they have invested so much money in skins (LoL cosmetics). The cons of LoL is that its still in pre-historic era when it comes to off-game features like UI, custom game support, demo/sandbox mode, etc... An average match is same, your laning phase in 20 mins pretty much decide who is gonna win...which makes it boring.

Dota2- The 2nd game with most players. It has a steep learning curve as compared to other 3. But once learned, it is very much rewarding. There are major comebacks, ever changing meta, hype moments in games. And to talk about off game content, it offers thousands of Custom games and we see new custom game each day, it has a sandbox mode where one can experiment with heroes. It also have a pretty good tutorial now. And since its developed by Valve in conjunction with IceFrog (the guy who made Dota1 from warcraft) it never gets boring in terms of meta. Oh, and it also holds record prizepool which gets broken down by Dota2 itself each year.'

Smite- Smite is the hardest in my opinion because everything is a skillshot, the 3rd person camera angle doesn't give you 360 degrees of vision. I dunno much about it but its a fun game. Those who dont like Isometric view can try this one

HoTS- HoTS from blizzard is a mix up result from Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo in terms of characters. Its fun. The games dont last much longer , they go anything from 10-20 mins. Its recommended for casual players

really?

Piyush

Lanaya

:lol: yea... you could have googled this instead of quoting this whole wall of text

- - - Updated - - -

I'll buy the series for the story and single player campaign. I am not much in MP.
In terms of story, I just fckin love this game, Also if I buy SC2 series I basically get 5 games because SC1 and SC2 can be played as expansions named Mass Recall.

SC2 and DOTA 2 are very different from each other so I don't see any point defending one and saying anything about other. I also love Dota 2, but because of my private life as of now and bad internet connection, I can't play it. I would obviously resume it when I get stable with life and connectivity of course. SC2 I like for story and also because it is one of the best that this genre has to offer.
Well I didnt even know a single player of SC2 existed. It was a well known esport in China/Korea and Europe. It is the major esport of Korea even now... just to give you an example... in 2nd last Football world cup, the Korean football team before their match, were made to meet their stars, i.e. Korean SC2 brood wars team just to up their morale :D

Though it is somewhat dead because majority of players including pro players migrated to other competitive games like Dota/ LoL/ CS GO.... all of these are different to each other in some aspect but they have one thing in common: being an eSport.

Im not against anyone buying it, since its on sale. Just wanted to let people know that if they are buying it for its competitive scene, they better think again...

gameranand

Living to Play
No I have really straight priorities. I like SC series for the story, I don't even care about MP at all. Man those CGI cutscenes, they are the best that gaming industry have to offer, and I have played and seen quite a lot of games and their scenes.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Single player campaign of sc2 has great replay value and in itself worth it for its price. Plus the community maps. Plus mass recall. No other blizzard game is so vfm.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Blizzard killed it's own game, Starcraft could have been so much more in multiplayer scene, if it did not have a 60 $ paywall to play it .. That is the reason why f2p competitive games have risen to the top and Starcraft has fallen

Also the fact, considering Starcraft's development cycle took a bigass time.. the hype died down after Heart of the swarm because it was the worst out of all the three campaigns

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Blizzard killed it's own game, Starcraft could have been so much more in multiplayer scene, if it did not have a 60 $ paywall to play it .. That is the reason why f2p competitive games have risen to the top and Starcraft has fallen

Also the fact, considering Starcraft's development cycle took a bigass time.. the hype died down after Heart of the swarm because it was the worst out of all the three campaigns
$60 where? You mean the trilogy? Well it's no paywall considering price of games like doom and fo4. It's very well worth it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom