PC for office work?

rabjabber

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
word processing, powerpoint, web browsing, HD video playback, CCTV monitoring, remote desktop

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:
1 lakh +/- 5k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:
nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
win 8, already have a key

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:
500 GB, would like an SSD instead of hard drive.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
REALLY IMPORTANT!!! there have to be 3 monitors, under any circumstance no less than 3. pref, 21 inch 1920*1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
UPS, KB and mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:
within a month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:
ill do it myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:
chandigarh, i havent inquired locally about the prices but ill be open to buying both locally and online as long as cash on delivery is an option

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
a lot actually.
1) there is going to be a 4th display, a full HD tv which is to replicate the main monitor.
2) i asked an nvidia rep, he said that gigabyte 750 ti does support, my required display config.
3) i need a compact pc, mini itx is ideal.
4) the monitors can be no more than 21 inches in width due to space restrictions
5) i already have a config in mind:

i5 4690
gigabyte ga-h97n-wifi
gigabyte gtx 750 ti 2 GB
some random optical drive
corsair value ddr3 1600 8 GB*2
corsair vs550
adata premier pro 512 gb sSD
asus vx229h *3
cooler master elite 130

doing some basic maths will reveal that this exceeds my budget by about 10k. i want help to reduce that. since this is a build for my dad, things like the 4 display setup (3 monitors plus one tv (tv not included)) and a compact case cant be compromised upon.

i also know that if i go for a hdd instead of ssd, all my problems will be solved, but the cabinet is small already and to make space for all the extra psu cables from a nonmodular psu, i might have to remove the 80mm fan AND the extra hard drive mount. this will lead to certain airflow restrictions which will be enhanced if i have a full 3.5 inch HDD in the middle. also performance on SSD's is just out of the world compared to HDD.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4590 -15500,

Gigabyte GA-H97N-Wifi -12000,

Gigabyte GTX 750Ti 2GB -11000,

Asus 24B5ST DVDRW -1100,

Corsair Vengeance 16GB(8GB*2)1600Mhz -9500,

Corsair CX600M -6000,

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB -9000,

Asus VX229H *3 -43500,

Cooler Master Elite 130 -4400.

TOTAL -1,12,000.

BryanM35

Broken In
Good systems if you want high speed multitasking and/or lots of multi-monitor support then Intel and AMD are great examples.

Top Bottom