PC for Office usage - Budget 20K

getvmurali

Broken In
Dear All,

This time I am here for a PC for my office work. Here is what I need:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: 100% Office usage. MS office suite, Internet browsing and Tally ERP

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Max 20K (+2K only if needed. Now thats 10% hike)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Max 500 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes. Need a 20" monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:None

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Immediately

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Chennai. Ritchie Street

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Need everything, including UPS & Webcam. Is it wise to look at AMD 2.8 GHz AM3 Sempron 145 Processor for my purpose? Thanks for the help in advance !

ankush28

Bazinga
Pentium G2010 - 3.1k
h61- d2h - 3k
corsair value select 2GB- 1.2k
zebronics cabinet with psu - 1.4k
asus 24x dvd writer - 1k
Dell IN2030m - 6k
MK200 - 0.8k
WD blue 500GB 3.1k

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
Pentium G2010 - 3.1k
h61- d2h - 3k
corsair value select 2GB- 1.2k
zebronics cabinet with psu - 1.4k
asus 24x dvd writer - 1k
Dell IN2030m - 6k
MK200 - 0.8k
WD blue 500GB 3.1k

Thanks Ankush. But the UPS part is missing. Can you suggest one

@others, Can some one suggest me about the AMD 2.8 GHz AM3 Sempron 145? Is it worth going for it?

Thanks Ankush. But the UPS part is missing. Can you suggest one

@others, Can some one suggest me about the AMD 2.8 GHz AM3 Sempron 145? Is it worth going for it?

Don't go for the see Semprom. For ups, get the APC 600v at 2.6k. And please look into the second link in my signature.

Shiva

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
Thanks all for the suggestion. So finally here is the configuration that is planned:

1. Pentium G2010
2. Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 or Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H (whichever is cheaper)
3. Corsair value select 2GB (1333 Mhz)
4. Zebronics cabinet with PSU
5. Asus 24x dvd writer
6. Dell IN2030m
7. Logitech MK200
8. WD Caviar blue 500GB
9. APC 600v

I am expecting the cost to be ~ 23K. I will post the picture here once I get the system assembled.
Thanks all for the suggestion. Let me know, if I can do better in my above choice. Thanks

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks all for the suggestion. So finally here is the configuration that is planned:

1. Pentium G2010
2. Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 or Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H (whichever is cheaper)
3. Corsair value select 2GB (1333 Mhz)
4. Zebronics cabinet with PSU
5. Asus 24x dvd writer
6. Dell IN2030m
7. Logitech MK200
8. WD Caviar blue 500GB
9. APC 600v

I am expecting the cost to be ~ 23K. I will post the picture here once I get the system assembled.
Thanks all for the suggestion. Let me know, if I can do better in my above choice. Thanks

If you can afford , the I highly recommend you to buy zebronics cabinet without SMPS and buy an antec VP450P.

^

It is considered best not to skimp on the psu as it keeps everything working. A psu is different from a ups.if you have money to spend get the antec psu that was suggested.

Shiva

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
^

It is considered best not to skimp on the psu as it keeps everything working. A psu is different from a ups.if you have money to spend get the antec psu that was suggested.

Shiva

Shiva I know that a PSU differs from UPS. But then can you tell me what difference would it make to go for Antec and not to use the one that comes with the cabinet (zebronics or iBall)?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
have a read here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html
there was a thread here with the title "power supply blacklist thread for newbies ". Now I could not find it. Can somebody help me? This thread would have been a great help for you.

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
have a read here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html
there was a thread here with the title "power supply blacklist thread for newbies ". Now I could not find it. Can somebody help me? This thread would have been a great help for you.

Oh...that's a lot of information. Thanks for sharing. I now understood the need for a quality PSU and iam going for one.

op for your needs Maximum Anrec BP300 - 1.7k
it is more then enough for your needs

Well I need to add this. Now my total cost is going to be 25K and that is a good 25% increase from my initial estimate :oops:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Oh...that's a lot of information. Thanks for sharing. I now understood the need for a quality PSU and iam going for one.

Well I need to add this. Now my total cost is going to be 25K and that is a good 25% increase from my initial estimate :oops:
not yet.
1. Pentium G2010 -3.3k
2. Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H -3.5k
3. Corsair value select 2GB (1333 Mhz)-1.2k
4. Zebronics cabinet withou PSU- 0.7k
5. Asus 24x dvd writer - 1k
6. Dell IN2030m- 6k
7. Logitech MK200- 0.7k
8. WD Caviar blue 500GB- 3k
9. APC 600v- 2.2k
10. antec BP300- 1.8k(on infibeam.com)
total 23.4k
Do some bargaining if you are purchasing locally. You will get these even cheaper.

Top Bottom