PC for Mac OS X 10.9

singh_dd93

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Programming, Iphone and Android Development, Some photoshop too.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: As minimum as possible (Max 15k)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Mac OS X 10.9

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Only the Cabinet part is to be bought, I have other things

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be made by me

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I llive in Ludhiana, I can buy from here if rates are comparable to online prices

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please keep the budget as minimum as possible as I have to buy this immediately, due to the project I have pending. I used to run MAC OSX 10.8 on my Laptop which broke yesterday. its Config was Dual Core B950 with 6 GB RAM. It used to run the MAC perfectly for my purpose.
here is the link of laptop I had Asus X43SJ-VX509D / Pentium Dual Core / 2 GB / 500 GB / DOS Rs.23721 Price in India - Buy Asus X43SJ-VX509D / Pentium Dual Core / 2 GB / 500 GB / DOS Snow White Online - Asus: Flipkart.com

AMD isnt supported by Mac OS, also the best hardware support id for ASUS boards (I read it some where)

Thanks for your help guys.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
pentium g2020-3.5k
asus p8h61m lx-3.5k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb -2.4k
wd blue 500gb -3.5k
asus odd-1k
antec bp300p-1.9k
antec nsk4440-1.3k

OP
S

singh_dd93

Journeyman
pentium g2020-3.5k
asus p8h61m lx-3.5k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb -2.4k
wd blue 500gb -3.5k
asus odd-1k
antec bp300p-1.9k
antec nsk4440-1.3k

Thanks Man, I was considering the same config with some graphic card. Graphics card is necc as MAC only allows Photoshop etc with dedicated graphics. So i would needs atleast a vey basic GPU. Please suggest one.
I am also thinking of taking out one RAM stick from old AMD PhenomII ( See my sig for config ). So I can save some money.

OP
S

singh_dd93

Journeyman
Can you get drivers for these motherboards and graphic cards for Mac OS?
Most of the basic graphic cards such as Nvdia GT 4xx/5xx/6xx series and AMD 5xxx/6xxx/7xxx have out of box support in Mac OSX 10.9

The most chipsets also have the support in MAC OS X .
The problem comes with Audio, USB 3 and some network cards. They have the kexts for them mostly.

Which GPU is similar to GT 520M ? I had that working fine and dont want to spend too much on GPU. Include the GPU in overall budget(10-15k) I want to keep it to minimum.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Most of the basic graphic cards such as Nvdia GT 4xx/5xx/6xx series and AMD 5xxx/6xxx/7xxx have out of box support in Mac OSX 10.9

The most chipsets also have the support in MAC OS X .
The problem comes with Audio, USB 3 and some network cards. They have the kexts for them mostly.

Which GPU is similar to GT 520M ? I had that working fine and dont want to spend too much on GPU. Include the GPU in overall budget(10-15k) I want to keep it to minimum.

gt 630 @3.9k is similar to gt 520m

Top Bottom