PC for home use and educational purpose under 25k.

mcechelonista

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I'd like to use it for coding/database programs since I am a computer science student. So expect me to use Netbeans, Matlab, Oracle and likewise for academic purpose. Also, it will be used for watching movies, browsing the internet and basic stuff like that. Zero gaming.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Within 25k.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 64 bit and higher/Linux.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB. I download a lot so high storage is a necessity.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 18.5". (Need suggestions here)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have an old Seagate 80 GB IDE HDD that I don't want to part with. Is there any way I can use it with my new config? Also don't need mouse, keyboard, speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I never built one before. Just made small upgradations before. So I'd get it done by an assembler this time too.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata. I am open to buy from online as well as local shops here at Chandni Chowk. (Any particular shop I might visit?)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Tight on budget so please don't suggest anything that throws me overboard! Thanks for your suggestions already.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
CPU > Pentium 3240/i3 4130 - 3750/7800
MB > H81M CS/H81M-H/B85M G - 3450/4300/5700
RAM > DDR3 4GB Value series - 1500
PSU > Antec BP300P - 1900
Cabinet > Generic ~ 1000
HDD > WD Blue 1 TB - 3700
ODD > Asus DVD RW - 1000 (strike off if you don't need)
Monitor > Dell 18.5" - 5400
KB/Mouse - Logitech - 800

If you can get a nice deal, you may likely to fit i3 in this budget.

maheshn

Journeyman
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have an old Seagate 80 GB IDE HDD that I don't want to part with. Is there any way I can use it with my new config? Also don't need mouse, keyboard, speakers.

For using your old HDD with new Motherboard, very few new boards have IDE ports. Some of the Biostar ones have 1 port. Can't remember other brands. However you can get a IDE to SATA adapter and with it use your old drive in the new system.
(You will be able to get it from local shops). An example at

AVB Bi-Directional IDE/SATA Converter-Sata to IDE with Cable PCI Internal Sound Card Price in India - Buy AVB Bi-Directional IDE/SATA Converter-Sata to IDE with Cable PCI Internal Sound Card online at Flipkart.com

Flipkart for some reason lists everything under "sound cards" even though they aren't :)

ChairmanSaab

Broken In
See my build in another thread. I built it around that budget but without M\KB, HDD and ODD.
Go for i3 4130/4150 and Gigabyte H81M gaming 3 motherboard.

yasho2249

Broken In
Here's the build:
Intel Pentium G3250, Cooler Master Force 500 - System Build - PCPartPicker Indi

Just used pcpartpicker.com for checking compatibility. Some prices are manually feeded. Here are the links for the same.

Mobo: Buy ASUS MOTHERBOARD H81M-CS (INTEL SOCKET 1150/4TH GENERATION CORE SERIES CPU/MAX 16GB DDR3-1600MHZ MEMORY) - Best Price in India, Kolkata - Lowest Price in Online on mdcomputers.i

Psu: Amazon.in: Buy SEASONIC S12II SERIES 430W POWER SUPPLY W/80+ CERTIFICATION Online at Low Prices in India | Sea Sonic Reviews & Ratings

And here is the monitor. Sry I couldn't fit a 18.5 inch bt it's an led: AOC E1670SWU 15.6 Inch LED Monitor Price in India - Buy AOC E1670SWU 15.6 Inch LED Monitor Online - Infibeam.co
There is also some discount on it. Use that as well.

U can upgrade that to a i3 or i5 with a discrete Gpu as well :)

Sent from my D5322 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom