PC for Development and Gaming under 20k

ravitaneja

Broken In
Hello guys I am building my first PC I want a pc which is good for android development and program development and for playing games and my budget is really strict of 20k and I can't extend it.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Eclipse, Android SDK, Photoshop, FIFA 2013, PES 2014,2013 GTA and some other developers tools.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:20k can't extends it.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: no.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Window 7, Linux.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1tb because there is not to much price difference between 1TB and 500GB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 16 - 18.5 inch which fits in the budget.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: nothing.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within 2 weeks.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: no it will be done by the assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in jhajjar(Haryana) I will buy it locally or from Nehru Palace depends on where the parts are cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I don't know much about computer parts please help me getting the best parts and sorry for my bad English.

2kool2btrue

In the zone
20k is too low a budget to do any sort of gaming whatsoever, esp when you want to buy a monitor as well. Get the following parts for now and save some money so that you can buy a GPU/graphics card/video card next month.

CPU: intel G2020 -2900,
Mobo: Gigabyte H61 S1 -2850,
RAM: EVM 4GB (1x4GB) 1333Mhz -2350,
HDD: WD Blue 1 TB - 3600,
PSU+Cabinet: Generic -800,
Monitor: Dell E2014H -6100,
Keyboard+Mouse - Logitech MK200 - 750
Total - 19350

Get a Sapphire R7 250 1GB DDR5 next month which will cost you 6.4k more taking the total to 26.2k. Also, an R7 250 will run fine on your system. Alternatively, if you want to spend less you could get the R7 240 1GB DDR5 for 5.2k. These will be more than enough for the games you've mentioned.

I would suggest you to look for a used HD7750 on the forums/olx/quikr for around 4.5k You'll find one within warranty. it won't require you to change your power supply and is slightly faster than an R7 250.

OP
R

ravitaneja

Broken In
I know that my budget is really low it's my first PC and my parents can't give me more money and thanks for the suggestion I am thinking of an AMD configuration because it has a graphics card free.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I know that my budget is really low it's my first PC and my parents can't give me more money and thanks for the suggestion I am thinking of an AMD configuration because it has a graphics card free.

?? did you mean apu?

for your budget, the suggested one is the best bang for buck along with a good psu like antec bp300p. inbuilt psu is not good.

2kool2btrue

In the zone
?? did you mean apu?

for your budget, the suggested one is the best bang for buck along with a good psu like antec bp300p. inbuilt psu is not good.

With his budget, the PSU can be skipped for now. Even a psu like zebronics can handle cards like the 240/250/7750. My cousin uses a 240 on his zebronics 400w and hasn't faced a problem as of now(been 3 months). Although, he is upgrading his psu next month but the OP can do the same thing as well. Get a PSU when he has the cash to do so.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
With his budget, the PSU can be skipped for now. Even a psu like zebronics can handle cards like the 240/250/7750. My cousin uses a 240 on his zebronics 400w and hasn't faced a problem as of now(been 3 months). Although, he is upgrading his psu next month but the OP can do the same thing as well. Get a PSU when he has the cash to do so.

this thread will be useful. *www.digit.in/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html
zebronics may handle such gpus until it can. but the time cant be predicted. not good for delicate components like hdd in the long run.

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Okay the consensus here is for getting a branded PSU right from the get go so this is what your system should now look like-
CPU: intel G2020 -2900,
Mobo: Gigabyte H61 S1 -2850,
RAM: EVM 4GB (1x4GB) 1333Mhz -2350,
PSU: Antec BP300 / Corsair VS450 - 2000 / 2100
Cabinet: Generic -500,
Monitor: Dell E2014H -6100,
Total - 21050 / 21150

You could go for a smaller screen like the Dell E1914H - 5.4k taking your total down to 20350 / 20450. Add a GPU later on. If you can go for second hand components, you may build your system for your requirements right away.

AMD alternative -

CPU: AMD A6-6400k -4500,
Mobo: Gigabyte H61 S1 -3200,
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws 4GB (2x2GB) 1600Mhz -3200,
PSU: Antec BP300 / Corsair VS450 - 2000 / 2100
Cabinet: Generic -500,
Monitor: Dell E1914H -5400,
Total - 23250

Again if you skip the branded PSU now it should work and will then cost you 21k. However, it is not suggested. This AMD based rig will help you play your games on medium-high settings right away.

A faster memory is quintessential for an AMD APU. Also, a 2x2GB, though not futureproof, will still get you better performance due to the dual channel interface.

Still, if you plan to add a graphics card later, you should take the intel road instead. Also, this AMD rig has no good upgrade path. The intel one still does. You could always replace the G2020 with a processor like the i5-3450(yes, they share the same socket type) and have a kickass gaming system.

Upgradeability, CPU+discrete GPU = Intel
No upgradeability, better gaming performance from the start without additional spending on a discrete card = AMD.

Take your pick!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
g2020 is way ahead of AMD A6-6400k in terms of performance both processing and [STRIKE]graphic wise[/STRIKE]. also corsair vs series psus is not really recommended.

Last edited:

2kool2btrue

In the zone
g2020 is way ahead of AMD A6-6400k in terms of performance both processing and graphic wise. also corsair vs series psus is not really recommended.

I'm only talking about the graphics part. When you say the pentium is faster graphics wise,you do mean to say when both are paired with the same external GPU.. right? Else, head to head with integrated graphics, the AMD 6400k is way faster than the g2020!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I'm only talking about the graphics part. When you say the pentium is faster graphics wise,you do mean to say when both are paired with the same external GPU.. right? Else, head to head with integrated graphics, the AMD 6400k is way faster than the g2020!

yups. its igpu is on par with intel hd4600. my bad.

OP
R

ravitaneja

Broken In
I am not thinking to play the games on high settings , and yes I can buy small size monitor and I'm thinking to buy a pc which can be upgraded in the future because I'm thinking of upgrading the rom in the future from 4gb to 8 or maybe 16 as I get money

2kool2btrue

In the zone
I am not thinking to play the games on high settings , and yes I can buy small size monitor and I'm thinking to buy a pc which can be upgraded in the future because I'm thinking of upgrading the rom in the future from 4gb to 8 or maybe 16 as I get money
future? how far is this future for you? maybe by the time you decide to upgrade socket 1150 may hit the sack. Can't you stretch your budget a little? It's really difficult to suggest something that plays games and comes for 20k

OP
R

ravitaneja

Broken In
Ok guys after watching some ads on the internet i found a used computer with this configuration
20" LCD
Logitech gaming deskset
microtek ups
iball cpu cabinet
hp 1050 printer
dlink adsl modem
intel motherboard
core2duo 2.9ghz
500 gb hard disk
4 gb ram
512 mb nvidia graphic card sony dvd writer
And has window7 present installed
And the owner asking 13000 rs for it what do you guys think about it

OP
R

ravitaneja

Broken In
Yes, my parents say they would invest 20k in my computer than they said watch some old used desktop because now they cannot afford the 20k computer.

Top Bottom