PC for AutoCad work, max 15K (w/o monitor)

k_v

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: It will be for my office work. Will run MS office, Tally, Videos/Music , AutoCad. Smooth running of AutoCad is a priority.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 15K. Cannot extend.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB or even lesser if need be.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Don't need a monitor. Will be using a 15" CRT as of now. May buy a low cost monitor later.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, Monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I stay at Mumbai. I am open to online procurement.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Not much. Just need something within said budget that should be able to run AutoCad without much lag.

Last edited:
This is the only thing you can get -

ProcessorIntel G32203,600
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H81M-S13,600
MemoryKingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz2,700
Graphics Cardnone0
Power SupplyBundled with cabinet0
CabinetAny local cabinet with PSU1,100
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24D3ST DVD Burner1,000
Monitornone0
Keyboardnone0
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total~15k

Don't expect to run AutoCAD smoothly on this. You need at least an i3 for getting close to smoothness. That will require another 4k.

ankush28

Bazinga
Which AutoCAD version you're planning to use? What kind of work you do in autocad? 2d drafting or 3d modelling? ^^ That configuration can easliy handle 2D drafting but 3d modelling(with multiple complex assemblies/part) will be impossible on such low end computer.

- - - Updated - - -

Which AutoCAD version you're planning to use? What kind of work you do in autocad? 2d drafting or 3d modelling? ^^ That configuration can easliy handle 2D drafting but 3d modelling(with multiple complex assemblies/part) will be impossible on such low end computer.

*www.kickstarter.com/projects/1381437927/endless-computers

It'll be linux based everyday computer mostly powered by something like raspberry pi. I don't think it's suitable for autocad.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
AutoCad versions would be 2010-2012. No 3D modelling. Only drafting.

Okay so I guess I am going to have to extend my budget.

What would be the cheapest i3 processor? Also suggest a low end GPU and a PSU.

Thanks,

KV

AutoCad versions would be 2010-2012. No 3D modelling. Only drafting.

Okay so I guess I am going to have to extend my budget.

What would be the cheapest i3 processor? Also suggest a low end GPU and a PSU.

Thanks,

KV

i3 4130 is available for 7.7k at flipkart. you should be able to find it locally for ~7k.

You can add this in the config I suggested above.

Top Bottom