PC for 30 to 34k

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Programming like Fortran, c,c++, VB & MS OFFICE. Some movie watching and surfing.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:MIN 30K MAX 34K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:NOPE

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:WIN10 64Bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. 21", 1920x1080.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: GPU not needed.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1st week of March

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes around 10 to 12 systems including mine.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:kolkata. buying locally from MD COMPUTERS or VEDANT.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Should at least run smoothly for 4 years as the course is of 3 yrs. It will be used in a rural area where voltage drops and loadshedding. i like to see configs with i5 if possible.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -34.8K

Intel Core i3 6100 -8500,
Asus H110M-K -5000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz -3500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -8500,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Antec VP450P -2500,
Antec GX200 -2500,
Logitech MK200 -800.
Total -34,800.

APC 600VA UPS -2000.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
i5 will be overkill for your requirements.

i3 is more than enough.

Newer G4560 would be a better choice since it is basically a cheaper i3.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Ok.

The motherboard has two PS-2 ports for KBD & MOUSE and only 2 USB 2.0 ports which will require for printer. But does MK-200 have PS-2 ports? If not, then pls change the motherboard.

can i go for GIGABYTE GA-B150M-D3H LGA 1151 Intel DDR4 B150 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Ok.

The motherboard has two PS-2 ports for KBD & MOUSE and only 2 USB 2.0 ports which will require for printer. But does MK-200 have PS-2 ports? If not, then pls change the motherboard.

can i go for GIGABYTE GA-B150M-D3H LGA 1151 Intel DDR4 B150 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Yess,
You can go with Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H @ 7k
Better than any H110 motherboards.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Thanks.

Is there any chance of random shutdown because of a possible clash between ANTEC VP450 protection mode in Active PFC & APC modified sine wave ?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks.

Is there any chance of random shutdown because of a possible clash between ANTEC VP450 protection mode in Active PFC & APC modified sine wave ?
Asus mobo's have surge protection in their BIOS. Even the smallest surges in electricity, the BIOS goes into action by shutting down the PC. It can be irritating at times.
But Gigabyte does not have any such protection in their BIOS.

Maybe the PSU might conflict with the UPS.
When I used the same PSU with an APC 600VA UPS, no such incident happened and it ran without a hitch.

I changed the Antec VP450P to Corsair CX because 450 has very short cables and only other PSU with good enough cables was Antec VP550P for good cable management other than Corsair CX PSUs.

Never go with Corsair VS Series PSUs because the VS550 which I used fried my GPU and caused huge electricity bills.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
When I used the same PSU with an APC 600VA UPS, no such incident happened and it ran without a hitch.

then i can use it without thinking much.

Never go with Corsair VS Series PSUs because the VS550 which I used fried my GPU and caused huge electricity bills.

Do not even think of that and never recommended it to any one.
Corsair has changed its entry level PSU by compromising the quality. Nothing like VX SERIES. My 450vx running from 2009 with no hiccups AFTER playing all the FPS GAMES from that time.(crysis all 3, BF ALL 4, FARCRY and similar others.) in 2K resolution and high settings. GPU was 6670.

These days i only like ANTEC & SEASONIC.

Thanks for everything.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Asus mobo's have surge protection in their BIOS. Even the smallest surges in electricity, the BIOS goes into action by shutting down the PC. It can be irritating at times.

Hi , how often does that happen ? .. during power cuts , fluctuations ? assuming you have a ups right ?

thanks

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi , how often does that happen ? .. during power cuts , fluctuations ? assuming you have a ups right ?

thanks
Not during cuts as UPS comes into support but during minute fluctuations or power surges only does the Asus BIOS comes into action.

Coupled with UPS + Asus Surge protection, any kind of fluctuation can be handled unless any instance lightning strike occurs. Nothing can save any electrical appliance if a lightning strike occurs other than it was shutdown before hand if there was any sign of cloud burst.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
FINAL CONFIG :

Intel G4560,
Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS
WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Antec VP450P
Antec GX200
Logitech MK200
APC 600VA UPS

Buying tomorrow

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
FINAL CONFIG :

Intel G4560,
Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS
WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Antec VP450P
Antec GX200
Logitech MK200
APC 600VA UPS

Buying tomorrow

Don't buy a b150 board , the bios will need to be updated first with a skylake cpu only then you can use Pentium g4560..

Directly get a B250 board

If you don't need that much hard disk space better get a SSD .. Will make a significant difference in overall performance/speed

Last edited:
Top Bottom