PC doesn't start in one go

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Hello friends

This particular problem is irritating me last few months.. and nw its increasing
my PC doesn;t boot in one go.. i need to try many times.. earlier it used to b 2-3 times and now its 7-10 times..
i dont knw why i'm facing this problem.. i was searching on internet and came to know that dis problem could be becoz of Motherboard or PSU.
But i'm nt sure.. can you tell me how to check or verify which one is fautly??

Kindly help me with this problem..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Yes,either mobo or psu is faullty. Test your rig with some other psu, if it works then psu was faulty, otherwise motherboard.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
so after pressing the power switch 7-8 times, PC starts up?

most likely the PSU is having some problem or the mobo is enjoying its last moments. but try with a different PSU. else it won't be easy to pinpoint the problem.

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
yes after some try, PC start up and work perfect...
Mobo is also new.. purchased last year only..
do u think its due to some compatibility issue b/w mobo and RAM or some other conflict?

otherwise i think i have to try getting some another PSU from sum1 first..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
yes after some try, PC start up and work perfect...
Mobo is also new.. purchased last year only..
do u think its due to some compatibility issue b/w mobo and RAM or some other conflict?

otherwise i think i have to try getting some another PSU from sum1 first..

There is compatibility issue.

Do the bolder part first. :)

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
^^yeah bt I was asking b/w motherboard or BIOS setting or RAM or something else..
coz my RAM is 1600MHz... may be its a issue..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
No, ram speed is not an issue. With Asus P7P55D-EVO, you can run 1600MHz ram. It supports upto 2200MHz(OC).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is it the case when the system starts but the monitor remains off? Like the system is running but nothing comes up on the screen?

Also, try setting BIOS defaults and trying again. If this fails, then its most probably faulty PSU. Try with another PSU and check if it repeats.

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
^^ this is the only issue.. where to get another PSU for testing..

:) Anyone here on TDF from west delhi would like to lend me his/her PSU for an hour... OPEN for All :)

Top Bottom