- Nov 29, 2006
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: My PC is currently being used for office work. It will run few proprietary softwares which are apparently a bit RAM heavy. Also using AWS and VMC VDI but these need at most Win 10 and is not too heavy on system(Note:- Using for office purpose only till March 21). Also using it for watching movies and pc games at moderate settings at best (CS,LOL etc since I use my PS4Pro for gaming)
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 40k which can extend to 50k
3. Planning to overclock?
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 10
5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: My primary drive needs to be an SSD (512-1TB). Will use HDD for Storage (5TB Approx).Can allocate additional funds for it
6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: I connect two monitors to my current system and I plan to continue using dual monitors. (LG 24 inch 1080P and Lenovo 27 inch 1440P)
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have a 550W Seasonic PSU since the last 4-5 years. Wanted your opinion if I should continue with it or keep it as a backup. Keyboard, Mouse and Monitors will be reused.
8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a month
9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I had built my existing intel 2nd gen system but that was 10 years ago. Out of touch with assembling so I may ask an assembler to do it. Also my cable management skills are poor
10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Residing in Mumbai. Planning to buy from a mix between online and local (Primeabgb, Vedant, mdcomp)
11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: PC config will likely stay the same for around 5-7 years barring RAM additions. So I am looking for a reliable CPU and MOBO atleast with 16GB RAM. My PC also runs for about 14 hours daily so thermals is important as my current system heats up even with moderate load. Also I need a suggestion for Cabinet. Budget for Cabinet is about 5k which is not included in the budget mentioned above