PC configuration for daily use under 35k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Minion there is no confirmation of newer CX430M from any reliable source so until then assume it to be same old CX430M/similar quality(aka not good).

@techh @SaiyanGoku CX450M is from 2015 so its quality is doubtful,latest CX450/550/650 are best budget models as of now & there quality has been confirmed at jonnyguru forums .One can get them from mdcomputers(I got mine from there only).

Ameypawase

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I am blogger and I spent most of time in front of computer. I use Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Vivaldi browsers and watch YouTube videos.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35k. It can be a extended if configuration gives 2 or 3 years extra life.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Hard drive is already available, new one not needed.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No. LG 16 Inch LED Monitor 1366*768.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Don't want to buy hard drive, SSD ,monitor, keyboard and mouse as they're with me.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: next week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No, yes will be built by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Ongole, andhra pradesh. No won't be buying locally, planning to buy in CTC from hyderabad. Open to buying online but not sure I get lowest price.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I've these on my mind.
i5-8400 or i5-8600k, want to take i5-8400 it comes with a fan, where latter doesn't. I also need to find a suitable or compatible fan for i5-8600k processor, I've no idea about that. I don't want to overclock CPU. But system will be running most of the day in 24 days. My current configuration is
i3-2100, 4GB RAM, Intel HD graphics.
I plan to take 8GB RAM, depending on cost and budget said above I decide on 2*8GB (have kingston DDD4 Fury in mind)
rasberry pi 3 would be good fit for you if only need for blogging and surfing online
RASPBERRY PI 3 MODEL B INBULT BLUETOOTH AND Wifi
*www.amazon.in/RASPBERRY-MODEL-INBU...scsubtag=a5423745-847f-40c1-bb36-0b20c00e60c9

OP
T

techh

Broken In
Please suggest better chipset and mother board brand for 8th generation. Price below 10k. I am still undecided over motherboard, lot of confusion which chipset to choose.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
8th gen means you are going for intel,you sure about this?
ASUS PRIME H370M-PLUS Motherboard (Intel Socket 1151/8th Generation Core Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-2666Mhz Memory)
ASUS PRIME B360M-A Motherboard (Intel Socket 1151/8th Generation Core Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-2666Mhz Memory)
ASUS PRIME B360M-K Motherboard (Intel Socket 1151/8th Generation Core Series CPU/Max 32GB DDR4-2666Mhz Memory)

OP
T

techh

Broken In
OK, I bought the system with the below configuration that costed me 33,300.
Intel i5-8400
Gigabyte B360M DS3H
Corsair CX 450
Corsair DDR4 8GB RAM
Cooler Master Elite 310c Cabinet
Thank you so much guys for helping me in deciding the configuration.

Minion

Conversation Architect
OK, I bought the system with the below configuration that costed me 33,300.
Intel i5-8400
Gigabyte B360M DS3H
Corsair CX 450
Corsair DDR4 8GB RAM
Cooler Master Elite 310c Cabinet
Thank you so much guys for helping me in deciding the configuration.
Congrats

OP
T

techh

Broken In
I have a doubt. The corsair CX 450 came with fused 13A power cord, can this be plugged in normal spike which we connect other adapters like of monitor and router.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
With Chrome freezing with two windows open I am able to grab a screenshot
View attachment 17527
I said Chrome with two windows, not two tabs. Its not your fault to suggest optimize PC performance, but you should know users are more advanced and have knowledge about these. I am a tech blogger, I know all the things, I optimized my Windows 10 already.

This might be the reason for chrome memory usage
====
Chrome is using 10-13% more RAM because of Spectre mitigation efforts
====

OP
T

techh

Broken In
Yes, opted out site lsolation in flags and seems Chrome is way better than when feature enabled. Spectre patches on Windows and site lsolation in Chrome can impact old systems with less RAM (4GB installed), I experienced the issue. I am happy got the new configuration, not yet using it now.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a doubt. The corsair CX 450 came with fused 13A power cord, can this be plugged in normal spike which we connect other adapters like of monitor and router.
CX450 has a flat pin plug which needs a flat pin to round pin adapter to connect to socket(local electronics shops sell for ~70-80). You can also reuse the usual psu power chord from your old psu too(I believe all such psu cords are 6A even though corsair supplied chord is 13A but that has no effect on psu functioning).

OP
T

techh

Broken In
No issue,you are using adapter or your spike guard has flat pin socket too.
Thanks. Do I still need to install drivers that provided in CD for motherboard, as Windows 10 update pulls and install them. Seems Windows Update has installed basic display driver and I am seeing some exclamation marks for others. Is it mandatory to install motherboard drivers?
upload_2018-7-15_20-6-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-15_20-5-48.png
    upload_2018-7-15_20-5-48.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 130

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks. Do I still need to install drivers that provided in CD for motherboard, as Windows 10 update pulls and install them. Seems Windows Update has installed basic display driver and I am seeing some exclamation marks for others. Is it mandatory to install motherboard drivers?
View attachment 17550
Yes,Install all drivers provided in CD

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Not much point,MS will overwrite any older driver with its own updated driver anyway during next update.

View attachment 17550
Just install those drivers from cd which are not yet installed by win 10(aka install drivers from cd excluding audio,video,lan etc).

OP
T

techh

Broken In
How can I buy exact corsair 8 GB DDR4 2400Mhz RAM which I bought earlier, I want to pair new one with current one. I should've bought 16 GBkit before.

OP
T

techh

Broken In
I want to buy 120 mm fan and place on the cabinet for CPU cooling. Can I buy a cheap one available on local shops and does the fan come with connector. How much does it cost in CTC, secunderabad?
upload_2018-8-5_16-49-50.png

Top Bottom