PC configuration for daily use under 35k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
For cpu cooling it is better to buy an aftermarket cpu cooler instead of a simple cabinet fan.How much are cpu temps anyway?
*www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-Hyper-...3488910&sr=1-1&refinements=p_89:Cooler+Master

OP
T

techh

Broken In
I am asking fan for cabinet, not cpu if you mistaken. I don't want to replace default CPU cooler intel has shipped with the processor. Speedfan is showing these temps
upload_2018-8-6_6-44-59.png

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I assumed you wanted to reduce processor temps(as location was side panel) hence suggested aftermarket cpu cooler. For these temps your processor is fine so why do you need a fan on side panel. This location is mainly used for cpu/gfx card cooling. For hdd cooling best location is front panel if your cabinet supports it. You can buy any coolermaster 120mm fan from amazon/major pc shopping sites. It would cost ~500 but will be much better than any local fan.

edit: seems like coolermaster fans are priced higher so you can go with this.
DEEPCOOL XFAN 120U R/R 120mm Red Fan with Red LED
DEEPCOOL XFAN 120 L/W 120mm Transparent Fan with White LED

Last edited:
OP
T

techh

Broken In
2018-08-08_17-29-10.png 2018-08-08_17-27-09.png 2018-08-08_17-22-44.png Thanks I am coming back to RAM again and interesting question to you. As I've already said I want to get another 8GB RAM DDR4, mine costed 6400, the seller from whom I purchased system has same RAM available for same price, other seller has same available for 5800 with different version, does RAM versions matter?
Please check the below pics. Should I order RAM from seller 1 or Seller 2. Does version numbers play a roll when you mix RAM? If I go with seller 2, I will save 600 RS. Forget about money difference, tell me what's the good decision?
2018-08-08_17-29-10.png
2018-08-08_17-27-09.png
2018-08-08_17-22-44.png

Last edited:
OP
T

techh

Broken In
I assumed you wanted to reduce processor temps(as location was side panel) hence suggested aftermarket cpu cooler. For these temps your processor is fine so why do you need a fan on side panel. This location is mainly used for cpu/gfx card cooling. For hdd cooling best location is front panel if your cabinet supports it. You can buy any coolermaster 120mm fan from amazon/major pc shopping sites. It would cost ~500 but will be much better than any local fan.

edit: seems like coolermaster fans are priced higher so you can go with this.
DEEPCOOL XFAN 120U R/R 120mm Red Fan with Red LED
DEEPCOOL XFAN 120 L/W 120mm Transparent Fan with White LED
My cabinet front panel doesn't support fan.

Minion

Conversation Architect
View attachment 17588 View attachment 17589 View attachment 17590 Thanks I am coming back to RAM again and interesting question to you. As I've already said I want to get another 8GB RAM DDR4, mine costed 6400, the seller from whom I purchased system has same RAM available for same price, other seller has same available for 5800 with different version, does RAM versions matter?
Please check the below pics. Should I order RAM from seller 1 or Seller 2. Does version numbers play a roll when you mix RAM? If I go with seller 2, I will save 600 RS. Forget about money difference, tell me what's the good decision? View attachment 17588 View attachment 17589 View attachment 17590

Get from seller with lower price they both seems same from screenshot

OP
T

techh

Broken In
I created an account in Corsair forum and asked the same, this what the reply I got
"
I have Corsair 8GB DDR4 2400hz with version 5.39, can I purchase Same RAM that is having version 5.30? Will that cause problems when I use them together. CMK8GX4M1A240016R.
Could cause problems, we can only guarantee one kit to work well itself unfortunately."
Different versions of same ram - The Corsair User Forums
You can find my question and Corsair employee reply at the bottom.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You can go ahead and buy.
Many buy just one stick and add more sticks later. They don't sell their old and get dual/quad kit when upgrading.
I have used different brand/frequency ram sticks and it worked fine.

OP
T

techh

Broken In
I ordered RAM from seller offering lower price. After receiving it, will test it alongside with current RAM and let you know how its doing.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Someone here once that older version of some corsair ram had some issue with Ryzen processor(as per dealer's reply) but I don't think version should matter.

OP
T

techh

Broken In
CPU-Z is showing My DDR4 8GB 2400 MHZ , DRAM frequency as 1196 even though xmp profile is enabled in bios. Bios is showing RAM frequency close to 2400 which is saying correct?
upload_2018-8-12_19-42-38.png

upload_2018-8-12_19-42-50.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-12_19-39-6.png
    upload_2018-8-12_19-39-6.png
    692.7 KB · Views: 104
OP
T

techh

Broken In
Added the new RAM. OK so far, not noticing any significant difference in loading of applications and Windows. What's your take? Doesn't there a difference with 8GB and 16 GB?

Top Bottom