PC configuration for 2022

rupeshforu3

In the zone
I have listed celron but I have not said it's mandatory and I have suggested others like pentium g processor and athlon 3000g.

My suggestions for op as he has 60k budget are

1) First buy 256 gb SSD nvme which costs 3000
2) Buy a motherboard like asus tuf or gigabyte aurous which costs lot than normal like asus prime.
3) Buy 16 gb ram like adata xpg which costs lot than normal.
4) Buy a SATA HDD 4 tb or atleast 2 tb from Seagate which costs around 3500 to 7200 rupees. This is useful for any backup.
5) Buy a nice monitor with high resolution and HDMI support which costs around 12000 to 15000.
6) Buy a nice ups like apc which can supply power upto 25 minutes.
7) cross fair psu can cost around 3500.
8) Buy any other like multimedia speakers etc.,.
9) Finally all of the above costs around 50000 then buy a new processor within the remaining amount.

Many people are spending money on processor only upto 15000 to 20000 and finally buy remaining.

My suggestion is to buy a motherboard which has components which losts upto 10 years and maintain proper health of pc. Then one must buy ups, psu. All of these extend the life span of remaining.

Finally I am giving advice to buy high quality ups, motherboard, psu and finally go for processor.

But people are going in reverse order which reduce life span of remaining.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have listed celron but I have not said it's mandatory and I have suggested others like pentium g processor and athlon 3000g.
OP wants it in 2022, not in 2012.
Finally I am giving advice to buy high quality ups, motherboard, psu and finally go for processor.
This is completely going in reverse. You decide the config around on the costliest and most powerful components which are CPU and GPU in your budget. Then other components can be adjusted accordingly.

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Ok it's your wish but I have given suggestions for longevity.

See the following which has alder lake architecture and has integrated graphics etc.,.

*ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ar...m-gold-g7400-processor-6m-cache-3-70-ghz.html

It costs around 7400 from Flipkart.

This particular cpu and i7 12 gen processor has same instruction set but has 4 cores only which I think sufficient

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
has same instruction set
*www.dictionary.com/e/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/picard-facepalm.jpg

Every f****ng modern consumer CPU is 64 bit, has been that way for more than a decade.
has 4 cores
How the heck can you completely misread the actual specification from the link which you've shared? G7400 has 2 CORES and 4 THREADS. THREADS ARE NOT CORES. Nobody should buy quad cores if they want to keep the config for a long time, let alone the entry level G7400 which should be used only in single application scenarios like an ATM or billing terminal.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Dude your suggestions are okay, but they are long outdated. Yes they will run fine but they aren't the best product you can buy with your money today. You can Google a bit about recent processor trends and you will realize what Goku and stormbringer have been saying.

Intel and amd release a new generation of processors every year ( or every 1 and half year). Ryzen 3xxx is long outdated, replaced with Ryzen 5xxx which is nearly at end of life. Similarly intel's latest processor gen is 12th gen. Why would anyone buy Ryzen 2xxx for nearly full price when they can (and should) get the latest ?

Also you have a misconception that i3 or even celeron and i9 somehow can belong in the same recommendation. They are completely different category of CPUs that never belong together in the same recommendation, just read what a guy requires before you type and confuse the guy (and yourself).

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Ok all of you think it is reasonable to spend 20000 to 25000 rupees on just a processor but I can't and so I have given some instructions. From now I will not do so.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
@rupeshforu3

The most durable component in a desktop is the CPU. So it should be the best you can afford. RAM, hard disks, monitor etc. can be easily swapped/upgraded at any time. Even motherboards/GPUs fail and need replacement. Next should be the PSU. Because a bad or low powered one will kill your system.

Get the best CPU you can afford in the budget and select other components planning for upgrades in future. This will be the best method.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Ok all of you think it is reasonable to spend 20000 to 25000 rupees on just a processor but I can't and so I have given some instructions. From now I will not do so.

No one is suggesting 20k-25k CPU for this 60-70K budget. Your suggestions about getting quality mobo and psu are good. But prioritizing budget over these, especially mobo, for use case OP, is not fair usage of the budget So a low-mid segment mobo is fine. Also, if you think OP will be using VB only for dev work then you are mistaken. They could be using multiple IDE, dockers, browsers at the same time. A Pentium G series processor will struggle, even 16GB RAM can't compensate for that.
But what you said is right, we don't need 40K to build a PC. If the kid is from school and they will be running only Turbo C++(if this still exist in any school) on it then a bottom line PC with old components is fine.

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Ok one last and final suggestion is not to buy a new pc right now because upto now only DDR4 ram pcs are available. I think that ddr4 occupied market since 4 years.

Wait for one year so that ddr5 powered pc may arrive.AM5 motherboard comes with ddr5, pci 5 etc.,.

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Right now it's not available but after one year you can and so why can't you just wait for some days.

Work is going on DDR5, pci 5 etc.,.

Surely those people who buy a new pc now, after one year will definitely think they have done a mistake.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Right now it's not available but after one year you can and so why can't you just wait for some days.

Surely those people who buy a new pc now, after one year will definitely think they have done a mistake.
DDR5 is available.
You can read my review here: Kingston FURY DDR5 Review

PCIe Gen 4 has just started to become mainstream. PCIe 5 would take 3-4 years more to become mainstream.
Nobody would regret buying a mid-high end config now if they really need it. (i5s and ryzen 5s are mid range from my POV). Those who need it now, won't wait for a year for expensive, bleeding-edge tech when current tech meets almost 95% of their requirements and use cases.

rupeshforu3

In the zone
See the following pages

*www.google.com/search?q=PCI+5+release+date&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj4tJDzxcb4AhW_xDgGHc6qCkYQ1QJ6BAgLEAI

*www.google.com/search?q=zen4+architecture+&oq=zen4+architecture+&aqs=heirloom-srp..

*www.google.com/search?q=am5+motherboard&oq=am5+&aqs=heirloom-srp.1.0l5

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan

hey friend! so sorry but
  1. Not everyone has the option of waiting for an year or even for months
  2. Almost everything becomes old and obsolete in an year so if I keep waiting for something better, IMHO I will not be able to buy anything any time.
So it comes down to the time at which I NEED it. I postponed buying a new PC for over 4 years due to this attitude - something new is coming in few months. finally bought it over 2 years back. no regrets for new items launched in the market after that.
thanks.

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Ok all of you can buy anything as your wish but I just gave hint that new technologies are going to arrive but you don't want and it's your wish.

Last edited:
OP
D

diginovice

Broken In
Also, if you think OP will be using VB only for dev work then you are mistaken. They could be using multiple IDE, dockers, browsers at the same time.

You are right. I need PC for the above quoted purpose.

I would request all to suggest model names for different parts so that I can make a choice.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom