PC configuration for 2022

DestGod

Journeyman
Additionally, alder lake does have architectural improvements. The 12400 would be the most sensible option here. Prioritizing the CPU for productivity is one thing, but going overkill for it? Another thing, how would you even cool the threadripper? Good luck spending another arm and leg for a custom water loop

rupeshforu3

In the zone
So just forget about thread ripper and as someone of you agreed alder lake 12400 is the best option to choose.

Try to buy 12400 and it has inbuilt GPU which is enough for day to day work.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

quicky008

Technomancer
What I am thinking is that spending money on graphics card is waste of money. But no one of you is considering this.

Any graphics card today has a cooler and so consumes lots of power.

The discussion on this thread goes infinitely without coming into conclusion.

How old are you?

rupeshforu3

In the zone
I just had a glance at thread ripper and not seen specs and so I thought it has similar dimensions and consume same power as others.

Some people in the current forum and in others suggested that graphics card consume lots of power. I have seen pictures of some graphics cards and found those have two coolers.

OP
D

diginovice

Broken In
How much is a bit more?
I would like to know whether i5 and the mobo will be sufficient for future versions of Windows OS at present Windows 11. I not, should I go for i7 or i9 and an additional GPU with additional 20k.

Kindly advice.

Thanks in advance.

I would like to know whether i5 and the mobo will be sufficient for future versions of Windows OS at present Windows 11. I not, should I go for i7 or i9 and an additional GPU with additional 20k.

Kindly advice.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, but I'm not going to read through 4 pages to get back the context.

Give a TLDR.

DestGod

Journeyman

Kindly advice.

Thanks in advance.
Could you state your final budget and uses of the PC? After 5 pages of Verge level advice, things are quite in a flurry here.

As for the future proofing for the OS, I'm guessing that you have the TPM 2.0 fiasco in your mind. Well, it's difficult to predict what comes next from MS. A 6 core processor will work fine (depending on usage) for plenty of years to come. Newer versions of Windows 10/11 usually lean on the storage heavily. SATA SSDs and mechanical drives have already seen their way out, and M.2 NVME Gen3 could likely follow suit in a couple of years, especially with the slated release of PCIe Gen5 and stricter requirements by game developers and windows. My advice, do not go lesser than a Gen4 SSD for your build. That should be fine for your desired timeline.

DestGod

Journeyman
Nope, gen 3 is more than enough for day to day work, at least for next 4-5 years.

Sent from my Poco X3 Pro using Tapatalk
For simple tasks sure, a SATA SSD or a Gen3 NVME is easily enough. But as you said, Gen4 is becoming mainstream. If someone building a new PC asks for suggestions for storage, a SATA SSD would be last the option to go with, due to Gen3 being priced the same and its speed. What's to say that Gen4 won't overshadow it down the line?
There would certainly be pushback from the community if devs get too comfy with latest tech, which ensures a solid spine for Gen3 for a few years at most.

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Hi at present I am running a pc with Intel i3 10th gen processor, Intel asus h510 me motherboard, gigabyte m.2 2280 ssd and windows 11, Fedora 36 operating systems.

Sometimes I even attach another two sata hdds harddisks of size 3 tb.

Everything is working fine for me. Even at extreme loads the task manager in windows 11 is showing only 40 percent of cpu is used.

Please note that I have not brought any separate graphics card. So my sincere suggestion is buy i3 12th gen processor ie., I3 12100 which has inbuilt GPU and it comes around 12500.

In the requirements page of windows 11 they specified clearly that 70 gb disk space and any latest octa core processor is enough for day to day work.

Many people of you are not giving right suggestions to op and instead giving advice as try to buy i5 or i7 etc.,.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Even at extreme loads the task manager in windows 11 is showing only 40 percent of cpu is used.
Steam/EGS download will take CPU to 100%. You are not doing anything extreme.
Many people of you are not giving right suggestions to op and instead giving advice as try to buy i5 or i7 etc.,.
I will not sugarcoat it, your hardware suggestions are unbalanced at best and BS at worst. Stop doing that. Do not post what you "think" is good while completely ignoring hardware tests done by reputed independent sources.

Top Bottom