PC config in ~20K (USB3 + SATA3 + 20"LED)

gkp_pc

Broken In
Help me build a budget PC pls:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Browsing
mild gaming
HD movie
music

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: yes open

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 22k

4. Planning to overclock?
A: no
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: WIN 7 64 / Linux Mint

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: max 500gb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 1600 x 900

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: yes few years back

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: within 1 weeks

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: yes future proof next ~5 years at least

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: no

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Pune

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I want to use AMD AM3 CPU + AMD chipset. Must have features : USB 3.0, SATA 6gb/s, 7200rpm HDD, 20" LED, min 2GB RAM. Need specific guidance about the CPU & MoBo (IGP) with their pricing. Another imp aspect is the cabinet should be small (like iBall Baby).

Regards,
Gkp

manujohn

Journeyman
Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II X4 635|4000
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H / MSI 880GMA E45|5400
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9S-2GBNQ|1100
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|1700
PSU |FSP Saga II 400W|1700
Case |Zebronics Bijli w/o PSU|1100
Monitor |Dell IN2020M|6300
Mouse |Logitech 3 Button Scroll|300
Keyboard |Logitech KB-200|400
| Total |22000

OP
G

gkp_pc

Broken In
Few things to be considered in the above config:

The cabinet size is big, I want to consider something similar to iBall Baby 306. Hence the mobo also needs to be mATX. The mobo mentioned above for gigabyte is ATX. MSI mobo is mATX.

Does the cooling, front panel for audio-in, mic-in, USB needs to be purchased seperately? is there any extra cost for having this (e.g. connectors)?

manujohn

Journeyman
Ok.. Get iBall Baby 306 w/o PSU @ Rs.1400 or less. It's bundled with two 5cm cooling fans and also has 2 USB ports, 1 Audio-out jack and 1 Mic-in jack at front. Dont buy the bundled PSU as it may burn out your system.
Since the cabinet is m-ATX, get the MSI mobo which is also a m-ATX mobo.

OP
G

gkp_pc

Broken In
Thanks. I checked the prices in Pune at some known local stores + ebay.in. But the prices are much higher than listed above. Anybody aware of a good shops in Pune / online stores where i can get these items at the mentioned prices?

Top Bottom