PC config help.. upgrading old pc.

anasahmad17

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mainly for gaming.. all next gen games like BF4, COD Ghosts AC4 and upcoming The Crew

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Between 20-25k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Maybe in future..

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 64bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I already have one.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. 19inch 1400x900

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have 1TB + 160GB HDD, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, PSU, Graphics Card, DVD RW

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Aligarh.. will be bought from Delhi or via Online portals

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I have a very old Core 2 Duo which is not coping up any longer with the games and proving to be a limiter for my Graphics Card @ 1400x900.. Dont plan to upgrade my monitor until i change the GC.

Current Config:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @2.2ghz
Gigabyte 945GCMX-S2
RAM KIngston 2GB DDR2 @667
XFX Radeon 6750 1GB DDR5
Corsair CX430V2UK
HCL Cabby
1TB + 160GB HDD

I am confused between Intel 3570 and 3570k for proccy. (Is Overclocking worth the extra price on the below mentioned MOBO?)
For MB I zeroed in on Intel DZ75ML-45K.

I will be getting the Radeon R9 280x in a month or two so a GC isn't needed right now will use the current one.

Any other suggestions/configs are certainly welcomed...

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i5 4570- 13.8k
asus b85m g-6.3k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb x 2-5.2k

cx430v2 is not enough for 280x. you have to get either seasonic s12 ii 520/620.
dont go for intel 3rd grneration. they are already EOLED..
for an overclocking rig,you may have tto spend more.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel i5 4440 -12700,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5600,
Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600Mhz -2500,
Seasonic SII 520 -4200.
TOTAL -25,000.

As for R9 280X GPU you can go with HIS R9 280X @ 22k from mdcomputers.in

OP
A

anasahmad17

@harshilsharma: I don't find the FX 8320 retailing for 9k anywhere :s How much would the FX 8350 cost?
my sole purpose is gaming and I have read that the FX series lags behind Intel in gaming... ?

Any suggestions for a good cabinet under Rs 3k guys?

Local retailer quoted this:

i5 3570k @15.5
Mobo Intel Z75 @4.2k
RAM 4GB Vengeance @3k

Haswell will allow me to upgrade to Broadwell I know but the new DDR4 will be compatible with the existing sockets?

Confused...

OP
A

anasahmad17

thanks for the heads up harshil. Checked with my retailer,

The FX 8350 @11.5k

Now how much gaming performance difference will there be btw 3570k and FX 8350? considering the future which is a better choice? I guess both sockets are now dead..

Haswell's are expensive here.. and Flipkart isn't delivering to my city anything above 10k.

Please suggest a VFM cabinet with front USB 3.0 ports under 3k if possible (should be able to house the R9 280x for future) :)

thanks for the heads up harshil. Checked with my retailer,

The FX 8350 @11.5k

Now how much gaming performance difference will there be btw 3570k and FX 8350? considering the future which is a better choice? I guess both sockets are now dead..

Haswell's are expensive here.. and Flipkart isn't delivering to my city anything above 10k.

Please suggest a VFM cabinet with front USB 3.0 ports under 3k if possible (should be able to house the R9 280x for future) :)

> Try to find FX 8320.

> 3570k is an older gen processor and is not recommended. Out of 4th gen haswell i5 and FX 8320, i5 will provide better gaming experience but that provided by 8320 will not be dissappointing or bad either. 8320/50 can be overclocked whereas low priced i5s cannot be. If you want overclockability, get 8320/50, else get an i5 4430 or whichever i5 4xxx is available for ~12k. Make sure you don't get a 3rd gen or older i5 processor.

OP
A

anasahmad17

Hi,

Actually I need a configuration that will allow me to run the AAA titles on FHD for at least next 2.5 to 3 years without much cosmetic changes.

Will pair the proccy with an R9 280x..

Ivy bride OC's well and is still a capable cpu considering Haswell gains only ~10% as far as I have read and graphics improvement which don't mean much to me.. plus Ivy is cheaper for me.. I can get the hyper EVO with the money saved..

budget is now 27k and I need a proccy, Mobo and ram.. really confused between AMD and Intel now.

Hi,

Actually I need a configuration that will allow me to run the AAA titles on FHD for at least next 2.5 to 3 years without much cosmetic changes.

Will pair the proccy with an R9 280x..

Ivy bride OC's well and is still a capable cpu considering Haswell gains only ~10% as far as I have read and graphics improvement which don't mean much to me.. plus Ivy is cheaper for me.. I can get the hyper EVO with the money saved..

budget is now 27k and I need a proccy, Mobo and ram.. really confused between AMD and Intel now.

> No need to be confused. Get Intel if gaming is of prime concern.

> For 27k:

i5 4570k (16000)
Asus Z87-k (12000)
Kingson HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2400)

or

i5 4430 (12700)
Asus H87M-E (9500)
Kingson HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2400)

Keep in mind you won't gain anything substantial in gaming performance by overclocking.

Top Bottom