PC config for video capture, Maya & photoshop

motobuntu

Journeyman
Guys one of my photographer friend wants a PC for using Photoshop CS3/4, Maya 2011 and to capture audio/video from his video camera.
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: For using Photoshop CS3/4, Maya 2011 and video capture from his video camera.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 25k

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7 ultimate x64

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 1 TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: 19" LCD

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: i'll do it myself

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: within 15 days

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Monitor, UPS

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Raipur, Chhattisgarh, yes

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: please mention if I need to purchase a capture card separately for capturing videos or it can be done using the IEEE 1394 connector on the mobo.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Phenom II X6 1055T @ 9.5k
Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H @ 4.6k (has IEEE port)
2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5.1k
Samsung 500GB SATA @ 1.9k
LG H55N DVD @ 1k
FSP saga II 400W @ 2k
Zebronics Blaze @ 1k

Total-25.1k

Last edited:
Top Bottom