Pc config for about Rs.About 1 Lakh.

D

Deleted member 118788

Shall I go with alienware?

But amd x6 is 6 core and i7 4 cores!!??

I Didn't Understand "Shall I go with alienware?

AMD Has 2 core extra but it doesn't defeat 2600k in a single test.
AnandTech - Bench - CPU

OP
R

rahulvyas

Broken In
Ohk,And motherboard? You suggest me a config for about 1 lakh ,I also want headphones-cool because I use a rs.150 i ball headphone xD...

Yes you are right about the i7 2600k Now which mobo and the complete Config?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buying 2x HD6870 for 11k each, you think each will sell for 9k?
Yes, when HD 6900 series was launched I was thinking to get a HD 6950 and to unlock it to HD 6970 and selling off my existing XFX HD 6870. I got a quote of 9K for it. I think still I can sell it to 8K.

And that's not the point, using SLI or Crossfire has its own benefits:-

1. You will get better performance than today's high end single GPU based cards.

2. You will do it in a cheaper price and can save a good amount of money.

3. With driver updates, multi GPU scaling is also getting increased.

4. Regarding selling of your GPU, lets say you have a GTX 580 @ 30K. I guess when you have spent 30K, then at least it should have a life span of minimum 1.5 to 2 years for an average user (not considering millionaires). Now after that much of time going multi GPU with such an old but costly card is not viable. So you have to sell it in a far cheaper price.
In case of say, two HD6870, in the 1st place, you are saving around 8/9K and You are getting more than 10% better performance than a GTX 580. After two years, you can still sell them around 5 to 6K. I don't wanna start a debate here about what will be the price of your old GPU after 2 years but if you look at different forums' Bazzar section, you will find out that people are selling cards like GTX 275 (original price was 12 to 14K) at 6K.

OP
R

rahulvyas

Broken In
Cilus whats cost of ur system in these days?

How can this motherboard support 48GB RAm?OMG
Intel® Desktop Board DX58SO2

Cilus

laborare est orare
It is around 85K now a days.

The motherboard you've mentioned is based on X58 chipset, designed for Bloomfield and Gulftown based quadcore and sixcore Core i7 processors. They are basically previous generation core i7 processors and have Tri Channel memory controllers compared to the dual channel of current i7 processors.

So number of memory slots on those mobos should be like 3, 6 or generally 3 X y where Y is any integer number. This mobo is having 6 slots and each slot can actually support a single 8 GB module, if available. So max memory supported is 8X6 GB = 48 GB.

mOCHU

Broken In
And.. thot abt getting a ssd instead of the Seagate 1TB 7200.12? If u need performance, get a ocz or ny of the better rated new gen ssds and ull get a bigger performance boost than any other single component in the pc. If u need storage, well, just get an external device and dump stuff thr!! And, will also help knock off some wattage required and u mite settle for a 850W

And, yes.. i too would suggest the 8GBXM because of the overclock potential. and as far the gfx card is concerned - agree wid comp@ddict. Get one 6950 or 6970 now (from lets say sapphire or his instead of msi.. as i guess u r going for the msi only cuz of the lower price) and make it a crossfirex setup at arnd the year end when prices should be a lot lower. The 6950 or 6970 must be able to handle all but the most extreme game settings. I wud say invest the extra money in an ssd rather than the additional gfx card for nw.

D

Deleted member 118788

And.. thot abt getting a ssd instead of the Seagate 1TB 7200.12? If u need performance, get a ocz or ny of the better rated new gen ssds and ull get a bigger performance boost than any other single component in the pc. If u need storage, well, just get an external device and dump stuff thr!! And, will also help knock off some wattage required and u mite settle for a 850W

And, yes.. i too would suggest the 8GBXM because of the overclock potential. and as far the gfx card is concerned - agree wid comp@ddict. Get one 6950 or 6970 now (from lets say sapphire or his instead of msi.. as i guess u r going for the msi only cuz of the lower price) and make it a crossfirex setup at arnd the year end when prices should be a lot lower. The 6950 or 6970 must be able to handle all but the most extreme game settings. I wud say invest the extra money in an ssd rather than the additional gfx card for nw.

But SSD Failure Rate Is Very High. You Will Have Backup Data Every Week.
Once it failed it will take 20 days to be replaced & that will waste your valuable time. Don't Invest In A SSD For Now But if You Want Then Invest in a less capacity ssd or cheaper ssds or you can go for a hybrid ssds or velociraptors.

Cilus

laborare est orare
you do realise that's a few months old?

HD6900 released a couple of months back didn't it?

I have purchased my first HD 6870 when it was released first. I purchased it on 23/11/10 @ 15K. And I'm telling you still I have offers of 8.5K to 9/10K for the XFX model as it is having 3 Years of Warranty. But lets just close the discussion about my old card's price. Just consider the scenario I've given.

mOCHU

Broken In
But SSD Failure Rate Is Very High. You Will Have Backup Data Every Week.
Once it failed it will take 20 days to be replaced & that will waste your valuable time. Don't Invest In A SSD For Now But if You Want Then Invest in a less capacity ssd or cheaper ssds or you can go for a hybrid ssds or velociraptors.

Failure rates for newer SSDs much lower. Especially for those based on the newer marvel or sandforce controllers. Thats why i mentioned tat he go for the newer generations ssds with those controllers and trim support. I do agree that failure rates are higher as opposed to a magnetic disk, but isnt a 4-5x (atleast) performance gain in R/Ws worth a +5-6% failure rate and the +6000 INR? Especially where a guy is spending 1L INR on a config?

When u planning to buy tis pc?

I have purchased my first HD 6870 when it was released first. I purchased it on 23/11/10 @ 15K. And I'm telling you still I have offers of 8.5K to 9/10K for the XFX model as it is having 3 Years of Warranty. But lets just close the discussion about my old card's price. Just consider the scenario I've given.

Errm.. Not to diss u or something, but why get a 8 months old card when u can get a new one for nearly the same price?

Cilus

laborare est orare
At 8.5K you can get a maximum of GTX 460 768 MB card. HD 6870 is far better than that and with the new driver updates its performance has been improved a lot. If you overclock it slightly, around 950 to 970 MHz from stock speed of 900 MHz, it gives you same performance of a GTX 560 Ti, almost 2/2.5 K costlier than it.

Top Bottom