PC Config < 30K w/o Graphics Card

Deepak Shirke

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys I refer this forum always to keep myself updated. I am planning to buy a new PC. Basically i like playing Games. But due to hard budget I need a Build w/o graphics card to which I can add Graphics card in 5-6 months time
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Gaming*, Software Development* and Movies , music

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 30K

4. Planning to overclock?
A:No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Vista or Windows 7 maybe

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500 GB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: 20' full HD if fits in budget

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Yes

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:1-2 Weeks

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Graphics Card

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Mumbai ( Any good retailers contact can be helpfull)

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: No

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
AMD Athlon II x4 635 @ 5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5k
WD 500GB Blue @ 2k
LG H55N DVD @ 1k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.7k
CM Elite 430 @ 2.6k
Benq G2220 22" LCD @ 7.5k

Total - 31.3k

now that psu will give you enough power to add a mid range gfx card later.

OP
D

Deepak Shirke

Right off the assembly line
How about BENQ G922HDL? and i m thinking of going for 2GB ram now coz I have to fit Audio and Mouse + KB too... so can 2GB do ?

and one more qstn why WD 500GB Blue is there any performance difference in Wd Green and WD Blue? I heard that WD Green is better.... :)

Last edited:

winzip

Broken In
The prices has gone down.
AMD Athlon II x4 635 @ 4.3k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.1k
Kingston 2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 4k
WD 500GB Blue @ 1.75k
excluding tax.
These are all Kolkata prices.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
yeah, these are the prices in Kolkata. might be a couple of hundreds higher in other places.

WD Green is 5400 RPM HDD while Blue is 7200 RPM. But WD Green consumes less power, so it is a good choice for a secondary drive for storage purpose.

Top Bottom