PC Components upgrade~ 18,000K

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
Hello,
My requirements:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Audio Music production = DAW like Komplete, Fruity Loops, Cubase 5, Reason 5. These apps require a lot of multithreading

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 18-20 K Maximum

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: XP/7 (not 8)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Nope. Have monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Not needed = Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No, I will not do it. The assembler will. I just need to know the configuration of my system.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Guwahati. Open to flipkart if offers are really good.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
*RAM needs = 4GB atleast.
* CPU= Intel or AMD = I am open to both. AMD costs less, but heats very fast. I want you views.
* The software I need to run require a lot of multi-threading. So, please provide me a balance of an average cost but fast processor.
* Graphics= Onboard graphics will do. I dont play games.
* I need not buy ORIGINAL intel motherboards. I am open to Gigabyte or Mercury mother boards.
* USB 3.0
* Sound card: Good in-built sound card will do. If not, I have to go for an external one.

I know my budget is a bit tight.

Please provide me your views
Regards.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i3 4130 - 7.2k
gigabyte h81m s2pv - 4.2k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb - 2.7k
wd blue 1 tb - 3.7k
antec bp300p - 2k
local cabinet - 0.7k.
i recommend an fx 6300 based rig, but you may have to stretch your budget.

OP
panacea_amc

panacea_amc

i3 4130 - 7.2k
gigabyte h81m s2pv - 4.2k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb - 2.7k
wd blue 1 tb - 3.7k
antec bp300p - 2k
local cabinet - 0.7k.
i recommend an fx 6300 based rig, but you may have to stretch your budget.

thank you.
Can I go for AMD processors? If not why?

OP
panacea_amc

panacea_amc

fx 6300 - 7.1k
gigabyte 970a ds3p - 5.8k
nvidia gt210 - 1.8k /hd 5450/6450
get it if you can slightly increase your budget. this has more multithreading performance has i3.
Thank you.

another querry:
I have contacted my local store . the price for every component is around Rs 500 more than what is quoted in Flipkart.
Will it be possible for me to assemble it myself after having bought from Flipkart? I have no prior experience in assembling other than just fixing the HDD, optical drives, RAM, Sound cards. I have seen few tutorials in youtube on how to assemble a desktop.
Whats your advice?
Many thanks.

Thank you.

another querry:
I have contacted my local store . the price for every component is around Rs 500 more than what is quoted in Flipkart.
Will it be possible for me to assemble it myself after having bought from Flipkart? I have no prior experience in assembling other than just fixing the HDD, optical drives, RAM, Sound cards. I have seen few tutorials in youtube on how to assemble a desktop.
Whats your advice?
Many thanks.

Yeah, you can absolutely assemble it, it's really easy. Watch NewEgg's PC assembling videos.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Thank you.

another querry:
Whats your advice?
Many thanks.

Guwahati prices has always been on the higher side. Check mdcomputers.in .see how are the prices after assibg shipping. Email them for better price.
And yes you can definitely assemble it yourself. There are a lot of videos in YouTube

BTW check Datamation in GS road. Their prices used to be competitive.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you.

another querry:
Whats your advice?
Many thanks.

Flipkart is also costlier. check on mdcomuters,primeabgb,itdepot,itwares,smcinternational,vedant computers etc.

OP
panacea_amc

panacea_amc

Guwahati prices has always been on the higher side. Check mdcomputers.in .see how are the prices after assibg shipping. Email them for better price.
And yes you can definitely assemble it yourself. There are a lot of videos in YouTube

BTW check Datamation in GS road. Their prices used to be competitive.

I got the prices in Datamation to be Rs 500 higher.

OP
panacea_amc

panacea_amc

I need this setup only for an audio DAW setup.
(sarcasm whitewash!)

EDIT: Just now I did realise my mistypo!
Solution: K is a constant and K =1!

Last edited:
Top Bottom