PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2015 - Q2

AeonXS

Broken In
I am new to this forum so forgive my ignorance. Was the Asus h97 plus and pro tested for the compatibility with i7 4790 and the respective xeon proc. by the digit team. Newegg ratings for these boards are not high so i ask.

I do plan on going for i7 4790 and want to avoid a bottleneck due to a bad mobo.

Also the cooler master hyper tx3 evo does not support the lga-1150 socket as per the prime abgb info for it. So which cpu cooler should i use that is compatible and is fir upto 2.5k

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I am new to this forum so forgive my ignorance. Was the Asus h97 plus and pro tested for the compatibility with i7 4790 and the respective xeon proc. by the digit team. Newegg ratings for these boards are not high so i ask.

I do plan on going for i7 4790 and want to avoid a bottleneck due to a bad mobo.

Also the cooler master hyper tx3 evo does not support the lga-1150 socket as per the prime abgb info for it. So which cpu cooler should i use that is compatible and is fir upto 2.5k

MSI H97 PC Mate supports i7 4790 and I am using CM Hyper TX3 EVO for my i5 4670s.It fits perfectly.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!

I do plan on going for i7 4790 and want to avoid a bottleneck due to a bad mobo. <br>

Hi @AeonXS , welcome to Digit Forums. Let me clear a few things up -

> The configs provided in this forum are NOT, in any way tested, recommended, suggested or endorsed by the digit team. This is all a collective effort by the (awesome) forum members.

> The configs in this thread was compiled by going through various online reviews, product specification, price and availability; NOT as a result of testing individual config.

Coming to your query -

> Yes, the H97 plus and pro are perfectly fine for i7 4790 and Intel Xeon E3-1246 V3.

> Cooler Master Hyper Tx3 Evo does support LGA 1150. Never rely on online shopping sites for product details, always check product manufacturer's website. You can check here that LGA 1150 is indeed supported - Cooler Master: Hyper TX3 EVO

AeonXS

Broken In
Hi @AeonXS , welcome to Digit Forums. Let me clear a few things up -

> The configs provided in this forum are NOT, in any way tested, recommended, suggested or endorsed by the digit team. This is all a collective effort by the (awesome) forum members.

> The configs in this thread was compiled by going through various online reviews, product specification, price and availability; NOT as a result of testing individual config.

Coming to your query -

> Yes, the H97 plus and pro are perfectly fine for i7 4790 and Intel Xeon E3-1246 V3.

> Cooler Master Hyper Tx3 Evo does support LGA 1150. Never rely on online shopping sites for product details, always check product manufacturer's website. You can check here that LGA 1150 is indeed supported - Cooler Master: Hyper TX3 EVO

Thank you for the quick reply :D

I am going for a i7 4790, i found two more boards Asus H97 Pro Gamer [Supports only crossfire] & Asus Z97 Pro Gamer [Supports both crossfire & sli]. While i am not going to overclock the Z97 does have the option of Sli & since i am going for the gtx 970 it would be handly to have. So is it a good partner for bearing the load of the i7 ?

And i was thinking of Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo it does support the lga-1150 socket so only thing is it a good option for the i7 proc.

These coolers are enough right or we need liquid cooler ? I am new to using these coolers.

AeonXS

Broken In
Since skylake proc. are releasing i am thinking of getting that instead of a i7 4790 since it is 6-7k more. But will a normal Cooler master TX3 evo or cooler master hyper 103 be enough for the CPU Cooling ? i can add a cooler worth 3k but will that be enough.

Should i wait for the i7 6700 [non-k] instead ? Will it release soon ?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Since skylake proc. are releasing i am thinking of getting that instead of a i7 4790 since it is 6-7k more. But will a normal Cooler master TX3 evo or cooler master hyper 103 be enough for the CPU Cooling ? i can add a cooler worth 3k but will that be enough.

Should i wait for the i7 6700 [non-k] instead ? Will it release soon ?

if you do not intend to overclock at all, that cooler is enough.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Zotac GTX960 2GB @ 15250 from PL Computers,CTC,Secunderabad.

MSI GTX960 2GB @ 15500 from PL Computers,CTC,Secunderabad.

Asus Strix GTX960 2GB @ 15500 from Swetha Computers,CTC,Secunderabad.

PS: Just found the prices 4 days ago.So wont change much I think so.

AeonXS

Broken In
I have one question i didn't think about this clearly. If lets say we have a 4790k which comes with a stock cooler & i decide to add a TX3 or 212x then will it be done by removing the stock cooler. Can we run both stock & a 3rd party cooler at the same time ?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have one question i didn't think about this clearly. If lets say we have a 4790k which comes with a stock cooler & i decide to add a TX3 or 212x then will it be done by removing the stock cooler. Can we run both stock & a 3rd party cooler at the same time ?

No, You have to use either stock cooler or after market coolers like TX3 or 212x.OK.

AeonXS

Broken In
Oh thank you so much that cleared so much confusion.

The 212x or tx3 do not support LGA-1151 socket as per the cooler master product page so what are the other good quality coolers can i get for a max of 6k, i am going for a i7 6700k.

Please list both normal and water coolers.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz

The 212x or tx3 do not support LGA-1151 socket as per the cooler master product page so what are the other good quality coolers can i get for a max of 6k, i am going for a i7 6700k.

where are you buying i7-6700k i can find z170 mobo at my place but they dont have skylake cpu. also at what price

vito scalleta

In the zone

Coolers supporting LGA 1150 are COMPATIBLE with LGA 1151 sockets.. They did not change the socket size or position of the mounting holes.

AeonXS

Broken In
where are you buying i7-6700k i can find z170 mobo at my place but they dont have skylake cpu. also at what price

I'll go with ABGB. I never tried buying such stuff online, so i prefer good local shops. I am sure someone here can guide you with your location as well.

Coolers supporting LGA 1150 are COMPATIBLE with LGA 1151 sockets.. They did not change the socket size or position of the mounting holes.

So is a 212x or if i decide to overclock in future it wont be able to take the load.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
I'll go with ABGB. I never tried buying such stuff online, so i prefer good local shops. I am sure someone here can guide you with your location as well.

So is a 212x or if i decide to overclock in future it wont be able to take the load.

prime has z170 mobo not the skylake cpu yet. so where are u planning to buy

AeonXS

Broken In
Didn't know that when will they be getting it in stock ? I saw it their on their website so thought it was there in the store.

AeonXS

Broken In
I have opted for noctua d15 for the i7 6700k. My cabinet is CM 693 windowed. The ram is gskill ripjaws f4 2x4gb.

Now will they be ok with clearance i am worried since ripjaws is big and ABGB still haven't informed me about hyperfury black or gskill ares DDR4 rams.

syd3001

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys!
I am new here i don't know if its the right thread to post here, but here are my queries.

I am need of a laptop for college, but there are not many options for gaming. I found a decent one from AZOM for about 115k with gtx 970m 6gb. Should I go for it or buy a cheap ultrabook or something and upgrade my current pc which has the following configuration
i5 3570k CPU
HD 7850 GPU
Asus rog v gene motherboard
8gb ram
1tb 5400rpm hdd

Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hey guys!
I am new here i don't know if its the right thread to post here, but here are my queries.

I am need of a laptop for college, but there are not many options for gaming. I found a decent one from AZOM for about 115k with gtx 970m 6gb. Should I go for it or buy a cheap ultrabook or something and upgrade my current pc which has the following configuration
i5 3570k CPU
HD 7850 GPU
Asus rog v gene motherboard
8gb ram
1tb 5400rpm hdd

Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.

Upgrade your present desktop with the following Components:

MSI GTX960 2GB OC @ 15k
WD Caviar Blue 1TB @ 3.5k
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB @ 8k

Keep the following components as they are with you:

Intel Core i5 3570K
Asus ROG V Gene,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz.

Sell the following components as they are obsolete:

Sapphire HD7850 2GB,
Seagate 1TB 5400RPM HDD.

Top Bottom