PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2015 - Q2

Cilus

laborare est orare
re: PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2014 - Q2

Harshil, FX-4300 is slightly faster than older Phenom II X4 965 and it is on the par with i3 3220 while being 1K cheaper than it. In Multi-threaded games, it sometimes provides fster FPS. Check the anandtech CPU Becnh here: AnandTech | Bench - CPU

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!

It's a new month, anything new available that requires changes (been out of sync)?

mastermunj

In the zone

It's a new month, anything new available that requires changes (been out of sync)?

Just one thing. For 70K budget, you could recommend Xeon processors along with H87 based board. Pricing is almost similar to K processor + Z motherboard, but Hyper Threading will be significant benefit.

mastermunj

In the zone

^ Oh okay, well in that case at least we could make a recommendation based on availability. Meaning, they should first check for Xeon combo and then normal i5 combo.

vkl

Cyborg Agent

[MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION] Mate you are yet to change RAM options on 30k rig.Change that to single 4GB 1600MHz stick.

In the 30k rig,can replace Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 by GA-H81M-S2PV ~4.2k,the latter has got DVI.
In the 20k rig replace Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 by Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H ~3k,the latter has DVI,HDMI options.
Replace samsung 840 120GB by 840EVO 120GB ~6.4k,evo one is better.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!

Just one thing. For 70K budget, you could recommend Xeon processors along with H87 based board. Pricing is almost similar to K processor + Z motherboard, but Hyper Threading will be significant benefit.

> Added Xeon E3 1225 V3 in 70k rig. 80l rigs are already quite above the mentioned budget so it will not be possible to accommodate a Xeon. Also, none of the sub 17k Xeon has Hyper-Threading (correct me if I'm wrong).

@harshilsharma63 Mate you are yet to change RAM options on 30k rig.Change that to single 4GB 1600MHz stick.

In the 30k rig,can replace Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 by GA-H81M-S2PV ~4.2k,the latter has got DVI.
In the 20k rig replace Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 by Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H ~3k,the latter has DVI,HDMI options.
Replace samsung 840 120GB by 840EVO 120GB ~6.4k,evo one is better.

> Did the RAM thing.

> Couldn't find that motherboard online. Post a link if possible.

> Changed '840' to '840 EVO'.

mastermunj

In the zone

> Added Xeon E3 1225 V3 in 70k rig. 80l rigs are already quite above the mentioned budget so it will not be possible to accommodate a Xeon. Also, none of the sub 17k Xeon has Hyper-Threading (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thank you. :) E3 1230 V3 is under 17K having Hyper Threading.

vkl

Cyborg Agent

> Did the RAM thing.

> Couldn't find that motherboard online. Post a link if possible.

> Changed '840' to '840 EVO'.

Buy Online Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2PV H81 Motherboard in India
Buy Online Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H H61 Motherboard in India
In 30k i3 4130 based rig it's still two 2GB 1333MHz sticks,please change that. :)
In the 70k xeon based rig,you can replace xeon e3 1225v3 by e3 1230v3 ~16.5k.
1225v3 is 4C/4T with IGP while 1230v3 is 4C/8T without IGP.

hitesh

In the zone

And I have another suggestion for the 30K rig, rig with Gaming potential:-

AMD FX-4300 @ 6.6K
Gigabyte GA-78LMT USB3 Rev 4.1 @ 4.2K
Corsair XMS3 4GB X 1 1600MHz DDR3 @ 2.6K
Dell ST2020L 20" 1600X900 display @ 6.4K
HIS R7 240 1GB GDDR5 @ 5K
Rest of the config will be same as you have suggested.

This configuration will allow user to play games at moderate setting at 1600X900 resolution. BTW, you can suggest that XMS3 4GB Ram @ 30K config instead of EVM 2X2GB Ram

+1 !!
P.S. Can we get Sapphire instead of HIS ?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if I'm not wrong, people rarely use optical drive. Well that's what I'm seeing since last 15-20months. IMO you should make them "Optional"

Ashok Verma

Journeyman

+1 !!
P.S. Can we get Sapphire instead of HIS ?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if I'm not wrong, people rarely use optical drive. Well that's what I'm seeing since last 15-20months. IMO you should make them "Optional"

Very true...

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!

I'll be adding about the new low end amd processors and some other new products once I get over my wrist RSI which will take a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Once I do that, I'll ask the mods to rename the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Once I do that, I'll ask the mods to rename the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone pm me a draft about new products available and how they compare to other products previously available (especially the new phemom and athalon chips)?

Pasapa

Live to die another day

In the 40k rig replace the 7770 with R7 250x its faster and @ the same price.

hitesh

In the zone

In 30k budget rig replace the i3 with a pentium and add a gpu. This would be for those people who would invest 30k for once for gaming and wouldn't upgrade for a good amount of time

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

In 30k budget rig replace the i3 with a pentium and add a gpu. This would be for those people who would invest 30k for once for gaming and wouldn't upgrade for a good amount of time

with a pentium instead of an i3, he will barely save 3.5k. intel hd 4400 graphics on i3 4130 is as powerful as those entry level gpus and hence makes no sense to get a pentium + cheap gpu. also games have already started using hyperthreading and i3 will perform much better than a pentium here. he can always add a gpu later too...

hitesh

In the zone

with a pentium instead of an i3, he will barely save 3.5k. intel hd 4400 graphics on i3 4130 is as powerful as those entry level gpus and hence makes no sense to get a pentium + cheap gpu. also games have already started using hyperthreading and i3 will perform much better than a pentium here.

Pentium G2010 is available locally for 3.2k and respective H61 mobo for 3-3.2k too. This way 6k can be saved. Enough for a decent discrete GPU (which would be much better than HD4400). This rig would be much much better for gaming

- - - Updated - - -

he can always add a gpu later too...

That's not a viable option. Most of the people who ask for help here have no plans for upgrading for atleast 6-8months. Say someone asks you for a best possible gaming rig @ 30k, you wouldn't want to tell him that play on low for now and upgarde to a discrete GPU later. What's the point of a gaming rig when you can't game properly on it ?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Pentium G2010 is available locally for 3.2k and respective H61 mobo for 3-3.2k too. This way 6k can be saved. Enough for a decent discrete GPU (which would be much better than HD4400). This rig would be much much better for gaming

he is not gonna save 6k ;)
i3 4130 is available cheaper locally for around 7.2k. people here itself has bought the same for that price. a compatible h81 mobo is at 3.7k(snapdeal). total cost comes just below 11k.
g2010/g2020 + h61(remember the lack of usb 3.0 port here ;)) will come as close as 7k.with the saved 4k , he could most probably arrange a gt 630 which should perform equally with the hd 4400.

That's not a viable option. Most of the people who ask for help here have no plans for upgrading for atleast 6-8months. Say someone asks you for a best possible gaming rig @ 30k, you wouldn't want to tell him that play on low for now and upgarde to a discrete GPU later. What's the point of a gaming rig when you can't game properly on it ?

6-8 month is not a big time considering he will use the pc for atleast 3 years. if he can arrange some bucks extra in the coming months, saving it for the gpu makes a lot sense. because the dual core will struggle much higher. as the games already started using hyperthreading , i3 will make a huge difference.
it is just my point of view....

Top Bottom