PC build under 25k budget

OP
T

TSolanki

Broken In
CL16 vs CL19 gives a small performance jump, but at most 2-3%. Dual channel RAM (2 sticks) provides a bigger performance jump, so add another stick later & you should be good.

Just few more questions :
- if i am getting good deal for 3000MHz RAM, is there any issue if i use it rather than 2666MHz? I don't have much knowledge about it.

- not able to find corsair cx series. Is it fine to go with corsair CV series or CM MWE 550 or any other good option you have to suggest?

Just few more questions :
- if i am getting good deal for 3000MHz RAM, is there any issue if i use it rather than 2666MHz? I don't have much knowledge about it.

- not able to find corsair cx series. Is it fine to go with corsair CV series or CM MWE 550 or any other good option you have to suggest?
Unless 3000MHz is cheaper than 2666MHz, it is a waste of money for you.

Yes, for a low end system CV450 or MWE 450 80+ bronze will suffice.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Looks like you've have gone well over your budget.

Yeah, you can very well pick higher frequency RAM if you're getting good deal.
If you can't find CX, yeah you can go for CV or MWE Bronze V2. General consensus is that Corsair is better than CM. But I picked up MWE Bronze V2 last week, for my iGPU build because wanted to spend as little as possible and also it is in Tier C low priority units and CV is in Tier D and costs more.
CM has this DC to DC while CV is not (though I don't understand much about DC-DC + LLC vs group regulated units. Google if you want to know more about this).
Case with 4 fans for 3.5k looks like a very good deal. :thumbs:

mitraark

Decrepit
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07J2WBKXF?tag=thuttu-21&ascsubtag=808969

CRUCIAL P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (CT500P1SSD8)

Rs 4650

*www.amazon.in/dp/B07J2WBKXF?tag=thuttu-21&ascsubtag=808969

CRUCIAL P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (CT500P1SSD8)

Rs 4650
Avoid IMO, better pay 350 extra for this, much better SSD:
*www.amazon.in/Kingston-Internal-20...words=a2000&qid=1606195580&s=computers&sr=1-1

In most cases surely you don't see a difference between QLC & TLC SSDs, but as soon as you copy files, you will think why you didn't pay a bit extra for TLC. I own an Intel 660p & HP EX920, when I bought 660p, TLC drives were just 1.2k or so extra for 1TB units, I do think sometimes that I should have spent that extra money for TLC.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
For 25k you cant get a gaming pc even without graphics card So i wont suggest buying descrete graphics card.For office pc its fine.

coruscant

Right off the assembly line
Get at least i3 10100 based rig as suggested earlier.

CPU - Intel i3 10100 - 9.9k

Mobo - MSI H410M Pro-VH - 5.6k (it has M.2 SSD slot)

RAM - 1x8GB DDR4 2666+MHz - 2.3k*

GPU - Integrated

SSD - Kingston A400 120GB 2.5″ - 1.8k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB 7200RPM - 3.2k

PSU - Corsair CX550/CM MWE 550 or other 80+ Bronze - 4.5k

Cabinet - Corsair SPEC 05 or other mid tower ATX - 3k

Total - 30.3k

*Get 2666MHz RAM but sometimes higher freq RAM is cheaper. Say a 3000MHz RAM will underclock & run at 2666.

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd (online stores as well) for PC parts at a good price, sometimes even amazon.

Would this be a good build for an office desktop? (Word, Excel, PDF, browsing, video-conferencing, printing, collating scanned docs etc).

Can I replace the above suggestions with the following?
1. Corsair CV450 instead of CX450 (or an even cheaper alternative?)
2. Kingston 250GB A2000 M.2 2280 Nvme Internal SSD PCIe. No separate HDD. I am planning to get a SATA SSD later if need arises.
3. Which 2666 Mhz ram to choose from? Is there any order of priority amongst the Crucial, HyperX and Adata discussed above?
4. Cabinet - Are there any well known slim cabinets? Or is it prudent to get the Corsair one for better airflow and build quality? Again, the idea here is to get the bare minimum cabinet which would safely house these components without any heating issues.

My idea is to build a desktop that may run for a few years without requiring any major upgrades. I am not particular about a good looking ram module, cabinets with glass panel, or a very powerful PSU, unless it is a necessity.

Is the BenQ-GW2283 (Black) a good monitor? Or is there a better alternative for about 7,000?

Didn't want to start a new thread as most of the information was already available here.

Thank you.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
2. Kingston 250GB A2000 M.2 2280 Nvme Internal SSD PCIe. No separate HDD. I am planning to get a SATA SSD later if need arises.
3. Which 2666 Mhz ram to choose from? Is there any order of priority amongst the Crucial, HyperX and Adata discussed above?
4. Cabinet - Are there any well known slim cabinets? Or is it prudent to get the Corsair one for better airflow and build quality? Again, the idea here is to get the bare minimum cabinet which would safely house these components without any heating issues.
1 Yeah, if you can go for CV450 or MWE Bronze 450 V2
2 You mean you're going for A2000 NVME and don't want HDD? Yeah, sure you can go.
3 There is no priority here. Any popular brand will do. Since the price of higher frequency costs the same, you can go for that.
4 Mostly slim cabinets are not available and the ones available are pricey and it's hard source PSU for such cabinets. If budget is an issue, you can go for generic cabinet.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prefer crucial basic models as they are cheapest on amazon/other sites & also because no point in going with ram models with heat spreaders/higher frequency with a non-overclocking intel system.

My idea is to build a desktop that may run for a few years without requiring any major upgrades. I am not particular about a good looking ram module, cabinets with glass panel, or a very powerful PSU, unless it is a necessity.
For this make sure to get a good psu & if you are sure to never go above 1650 equivalent cards then you can get a psu which is in tier C of linustechtips psu tier list:
*linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Would this be a good build for an office desktop? (Word, Excel, PDF, browsing, video-conferencing, printing, collating scanned docs etc).

Is the BenQ-GW2283 (Black) a good monitor? Or is there a better alternative for about 7,000?

Didn't want to start a new thread as most of the information was already available here.

Thank you.
1. Yes. Don't go below 80+ bronze rated PSUs. There are some cheap 80+ bronze 450W ones for 3.5k as well.

2. A2000 is a good NVMe drive. You can't add a 2nd M.2 SSD, so be careful. IMO get A400 120GB now & get a decent capacity M.2 later (clone OS to it when you do so), but your call.

3. Get the cheapest from a reputed company, that's it. Currently, amazon has Crucial one for 2.3k.

4. Micro ATX cabinets are the smallest I'd recommend, like Cooler Master Q300L at 4.5k. Mobo I suggested is micro ATX, not ATX.

That BenQ one is good enough for the price.

For normal tasks, the rig I suggested will last you long, can even put a budget GPU to play games.

coruscant

Thank you Omega, whitestar and nac for the quick responses.

I'll go for the CV450, Crucial RAM, and the BenQ monitor. That Cooler Master cabinet is beautiful, but a bit overpriced (for me) for this pc build. I think I will go with the Corsair Carbide 100R CC or the Zebronics Zeb-Mars.

I am thinking of keeping the A2000 256GB M.2 one for now, and then add an additional 1TB SATA III HD (if I find a good deal on Cybermonday). I suppose a M.2 SSD and a SATA SSD can co-exist? (Sorry, I have very little knowledge about desktop computers having predominantly used laptops for the past decade).

Also, given the use case for this build, should I alternatively think of a Ryzen 3 3200G + MSI A320M-A Pro Max? It saves about 4k on the processor/mobo combo.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I will go with the Corsair Carbide 100R CC or the Zebronics Zeb-Mars.
Corsair 100R has a very annoying issue which is rarely mentioned in reviews & which I found out only after buying it. The space between its right side panel(the side that is usually always closed) & hdd cage is not much so in case of multiple hdd/ssd in cage & a psu like corsair CX450/550/650 etc which have sata power connectors daisy chained in a thick sleeved wire it becomes very difficult to close the side panel after connecting all the sata power connectors.

I am thinking of keeping the A2000 256GB M.2 one for now, and then add an additional 1TB SATA III HD (if I find a good deal on Cybermonday). I suppose a M.2 SSD and a SATA SSD can co-exist? (Sorry, I have very little knowledge about desktop computers having predominantly used laptops for the past decade).
It is not USA so forget about black friday/cyber monday deals here. M.2 is a form factor while interface can be sata as well as NVMe(usually referred to as pcie x2/x4 ssd). A M.2 sata ssd is just your typical 2.5" sata ssd without its external casing so in all mobos 1/2 sata ports share lane with M.2 sata ssd port & installing M.2 sata ssd in that port disables 1/2 sata ports(that is also why it is recommended to use regular 2.5" sata ssd instead of M.2 sata ssd because they are basically same but M.2 sata ssd waste an extra sata port). M.2 NVMe ssd uses pcie lanes instead of sata lanes so its install has no effect on sata ports.

coruscant

Corsair 100R has a very annoying issue which is rarely mentioned in reviews & which I found out only after buying it. The space between its right side panel(the side that is usually always closed) & hdd cage is not much so in case of multiple hdd/ssd in cage & a psu like corsair CX450/550/650 etc which have sata power connectors daisy chained in a thick sleeved wire it becomes very difficult to close the side panel after connecting all the sata power connectors.

It is not USA so forget about black friday/cyber monday deals here. M.2 is a form factor while interface can be sata as well as NVMe(usually referred to as pcie x2/x4 ssd). A M.2 sata ssd is just your typical 2.5" sata ssd without its external casing so in all mobos 1/2 sata ports share lane with M.2 sata ssd port & installing M.2 sata ssd in that port disables 1/2 sata ports(that is also why it is recommended to use regular 2.5" sata ssd instead of M.2 sata ssd because they are basically same but M.2 sata ssd waste an extra sata port). M.2 NVMe ssd uses pcie lanes instead of sata lanes so its install has no effect on sata ports.

Thank you. And yes, I am planning to have someone in the US get a SSD as there were some good deals for BF, which is likely to recur for Cyber Monday. Going by your explanation, I gather that I can use the A2000 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD and add another SATA III SSD without any issues.

Thank you Omega, whitestar and nac for the quick responses.

I'll go for the CV450, Crucial RAM, and the BenQ monitor. That Cooler Master cabinet is beautiful, but a bit overpriced (for me) for this pc build. I think I will go with the Corsair Carbide 100R CC or the Zebronics Zeb-Mars.

Also, given the use case for this build, should I alternatively think of a Ryzen 3 3200G + MSI A320M-A Pro Max? It saves about 4k on the processor/mobo combo.
Yes, SATA & M.2 NVMes can co-exist. Just make sure of your mobo limitations. Some mobo disables a few SATA ports when M.2 slot is in use.

IF buying from US, maybe get an NVMe from there. I have seen WD SN550 1TB for $95. Better than QLC drives like Intel 660p/Crucial P1.

That i3 10100 is a better CPU but for office work, R3 3200G will suffice as well. Make sure those cheap mobos have at least a PCIe 3.0 x2 M.2 slot (if not x4).

coruscant

Any 600Va one will do. APC has one for under 3k. I use a Zebronics one that I bought for 2k ( I don't intend to use it for more than 1.5 years though). You can change the battery for like 800-900 when its weak.

Thanks a lot! I have finalised the following and should be placing the order today or tomorrow.

Intel i3-10100
MSI H410M Pro-VH
Crucial Basics 8GB DDR4 1.2v 2666Mhz
Kingston M.2 250 GB
Corsair CV450
Benq – GW2283 (Black) With speaker
Dell K/B & Mouse combo

Only left to make up my mind on the cabinet and motherboard.

Should I go for the Gigabyte B460M HD Gaming motherboard instead of the H410m (price difference is about 1500 more)? Wondering if paying for a premium motherboard makes sense from a longevity perspective (though anything could go wrong with components).

For the cabinet, I am confused between the Q300L / Deepcool Matrexx 30 / Silverstone Fara R1. The first two seem to have a smaller footprint than the Corsair / Antec gaming ones that retail for about 3000 odd.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wondering if paying for a premium motherboard makes sense from a longevity perspective (though anything could go wrong with components).
Go for it. May be you can change your processor to something like i5-10500 a couple of years down the line.

Should I go for the Gigabyte B460M HD Gaming motherboard instead of the H410m (price difference is about 1500 more)? Wondering if paying for a premium motherboard makes sense from a longevity perspective (though anything could go wrong with components).

For the cabinet, I am confused between the Q300L / Deepcool Matrexx 30 / Silverstone Fara R1. The first two seem to have a smaller footprint than the Corsair / Antec gaming ones that retail for about 3000 odd.
B460 is better, but good B460 mobo cost near 10k. Not worth it for basic usage/office rig IMO.

Mattrexx 30 is 3.1k at vedant, so a good choice for cheap IMO. Remember that these support micro ATX mobos, not ATX ones. Don't change mobo to ATX size one by mistake.

coruscant

B460 is better, but good B460 mobo cost near 10k. Not worth it for basic usage/office rig IMO.

Mattrexx 30 is 3.1k at vedant, so a good choice for cheap IMO. Remember that these support micro ATX mobos, not ATX ones. Don't change mobo to ATX size one by mistake.

Just checked - both the Gigabyte B460M Gaming HD (approx. 7k) and the MSI H410M Pro-VH (approx. 5500-6,000) are micro ATX board. Thank you again for the cabinet suggestion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom